TPMS re-learn problem

2010LTZ4x4

Tried the re-learn procedure this weekend with no luck after trying 5 times.

Followed the owners manual which was easy to follow, the horn beeped at every wheel and twice at the last one just like the booked said but I'm still getting the TPMS malfunction on the dash read out.

Done some searching on here with no luck on the exact problem.

Its seems to recognize inflate or deflate at each wheel cause the horn beeps saying it has accepted the change but can't seem to get rid of the error message.

Any suggestions?

I could never get the deflate/inflate way to work for me. I just bought the re-learn tool. Works great and takes about 15secs to do all 4 wheels. I forget the name of it but I posted about it awhile back.

My '07 gave me fits as well. I just took it to the dealer and had them reset it for me. Also, my local tire shop will do it for you if you get the oil changed or tires rotated....that's cheaper than an hour of labor at the dealer, haha. But, if you're still in the 3 yr/36000 mi warranty, just let the dealer handle it.

Were you getting the malfunction indicator before you did the relearn or were you trying the relearn due to tire rotation or what?

I was able to do a successful relearn on mine using the air out method but I was installing winter tires with aftermarket TPMS sensors. I have a bad feeling I will have to purchase the relearn tool when I put the factory wheels back on next month.

I bought the relearn tool (EL-50448) and it worked flawlessly and quickly on my truck. As my wife's '09 Traverse and son's '07 'Hoe also have TPMS, I'm sure I will get my money's worth out of this tool.

What I don't know is if the EL-50448 will also work on my daughter's '08 Mustang. Anyone know if it is compatible with the Ford TPMS system? I'd experiment, but my daughter is not very forgiving of failed endeavors on her beloved car. Can't say I blame her, but where in the world would she have possibly inherited such automotive anality?

Looks like I'm going the route of the re-learn tool, tried it again this afternoon and again no luck. I read on an old forum here that one person had good luck with the truck away from anything giving off RF signals and steel buildings, so I went out back with the truck away from everything and of course no luck.

I bought the relearn tool (EL-50448) and it worked flawlessly and quickly on my truck. As my wife's '09 Traverse and son's '07 'Hoe also have TPMS, I'm sure I will get my money's worth out of this tool.

What I don't know is if the EL-50448 will also work on my daughter's '08 Mustang. Anyone know if it is compatible with the Ford TPMS system? I'd experiment, but my daughter is not very forgiving of failed endeavors on her beloved car. Can't say I blame her, but where in the world would she have possibly inherited such automotive anality?

I could never get the deflate/inflate way to work for me. I just bought the re-learn tool. Works great and takes about 15secs to do all 4 wheels. I forget the name of it but I posted about it awhile back.

OK so I tried this relearn tool I purchased tonight with no luck. Am I doing something wrong? after setting the system in relearn mode I went right to the driver's front tire and held the tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem but nothing happened. I just swapped wheels and I am now trying to reset the system.

OK so I tried this relearn tool I purchased tonight with no luck. Am I doing something wrong? after setting the system in relearn mode I went right to the driver's front tire and held the tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem but nothing happened. I just swapped wheels and I am now trying to reset the system.

Do the new wheels have sensors in them? And are they the right part number for your truck? The sensor in the rim should have caused the horn to beep once when it was activated by the tool on the first tire within 2-3 seconds. Also check that the tools battery is OK first.

The tool is new with a new battery. The rims are take offs from a 2011 and was said to have the sensors in them. I'm gonna give this another try today. I just wanted to make sure I was doing this right. If it does not work again today I'll try and let some air out of the tire to see if that does it. Thanks

I got it to work today :D The only thing I did different is I left the driver's door open. Last night I was shutting it and it would not work. I did not see anything in the instructions about it needing to be open... who knows, maybe it's all in my head lol but it worked for me with it opened and wouldn't when it was shut. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks :D

Wow! All I can think of is some kind of signal bounce or interference between one or more of the sensors and the RCDLR. Mine worked with the driver door closed, and you're right; there is no mention of the door having to be open during the relearn procedure.

Archived