Electrical issue

1996 K1500

After getting A shop to fix my ac today I started to have some electrical issues. I don't see how they could be related. When I turn my headlights on, the dash lights come on and the left signal stays lit, doesn't blink, just stays on. Then I can turn the headlights off and turn the left signal on then the dash lights blink. Sounds like some type of a short, maybe crossed wires. Any idea where I should start?

As suggested, check,clean, tighten ground connections. Another thing to try that has worked for a few people when there are gremlins, is to disconnect both leads at the battery and lets things discharge. Worth a shot

I am stuck. I have un hooked the battery cable and checked the grounds that I could find. I found some splices up front near the headlight / signal pigtails but they look solid. When I have the headlights on and signal left, the signal relay buzzes once then quits. I tried a replacement but that did not fix it. Where would the ground be for the harness under the dash and from firewall to front left?

It seems to keep getting more complex. It now looks like I was wrong.

When the left turn signal is on with lights off, all lights blink (dash lights, passenger and driver front signals and back, right side corner blinks but driver (left) does not).

If you turn the lights on during this time (left signal still engaged) then you hear the one time buzz from the signal relay under dash, all lights burn, not blink. All except the left corner again, it does nothing. It seems to be the common theme.

Here's the kicker, if I put a test light in the socket of that left corner during any of these senerios and the test light, lights. But it doesn't burn or blink with the bulb in either senerio while the signal beside it blinks.

Sounds like that corner bulb is bad. Also check all you light bulbs and sockets. Its a strech but I have seen a dual element bulb that had one element blow and connected to the other element inside the bulb. It did all kinds of stupid stuff. Take one bulb out at a time and check to see if the others start working normally. If they do you found the bulb. If no trouble there I would check into the multifunction switch.

That corner bulb was burnt but it still didn't help the issues. I bought a test light and did the battery cable / post test and the bulb came on so here must be short somewhere. I pulled each fuse including under the hood and the test light never went out. So I am still in the same place as before.

Archived