Question on lifting my GMC?

I own a 2009 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4 SL Nevada Edition, I would like to raise my truck about 4", Any recommendations? Also what rim and tire size would look good on a 4" lift. I'm currently on stock (LT245/70R17).

4" bds kit is very very nice, if you want cheaper get the 5" rough country tires i would go for a 285/75/17 or a 295/70/17

\edit

if you want even cheaper, do a 2 inch leveling kit front, or front and rear if you want to keep the factory stance, and a 1.5 body lift

Interesting, do these suspension kits get installed on the front or rear of the truck. I've noticed the BDS kits have only one set of shocks. I'm asking out of curiosity I'll be getting a technician to install them for me.

Or if money is no object you can do the CTS, the others are all fine. It's personal choice, what I like about the CTS it retains the front track width, meaning the wheels are in the same location as stock, not pushed out 1.5".

yes you can get the rough country 2" front leveling kit for very cheap and install it yourself with basic hand tools, even if you feel very uncomfortable and have a shop do that kit for you it should be at most 1-2 hours of labor (really only takes half an hour with air tools and half a brain and going slow) and a front end alignment and yes 3" is the maximum you can lift the body

A 2+3 combo lift would be cheapest, and allow an extra inch to clear a 33 without trimming.

I think that's what I'm going to go with. I need treads more then I need a lift right now, will 33 clear without a lift?

Archived