Warning chimes with aftermarket radio

Do the warning chimes for things such as low fuel, key in ignition/door open, door ajar and the @#$%%^%^ auto door locks are about to lock you out again played through the factory sound system? My 2011 Sierra with non-Bose had all of the warning chimes funtioning as they should.

After installing an aftermarket (OGM1) system I have lost everything except the fasten seat belt chime. Of course it's the one I don't want. Is there another way to play these chimes? The DIC still displays them but I don't watch it that closely.

The chimes do work with the OGM1, but, only if the system is fully powered up. Some of the warnings are very low volume though. Keep in mind that with OGM1, if you shut the engine off, and open the door, it will turn off completely. Factory units do not turn completely off, chimes still work with key off.

This is something Advent needs to look into, finding some way to keep the system up for just the chimes. Near as I can figure, they would need to stop all modes(radio, cd/dvd, nav, xm etc..) from running in the headunit except the data bus (or whatever that connection is called between radio and vehicle), and then the chimes would work as required. Not sure this can be done via firmware though. Of all the feature requests that have been asked, this one is the most important in my opinion.

I would like this as well.... I still like the factory bluetooth, but if you are on the phone and get in the truck there is a delay as the truck switches to bluetooth but the amp of the ogm1 is not on yet. Amp needs to come on as soon as the key is on.

I to have lost everything with the OGM-1 except the fasten seat belt chime. I have NO Low Fuel, lights on, key in ignition or, door ajar chimes at all. The turn signels are also at a very low volume. I undrestand that the chimes don't work when the radio if off but the the door ajar and key in ignition chimes should work when the truck is running and I open the door. I would be nice if advent would look into this and let us know if it is something they can fix or not. This is also very important in my opinion too.

I just set the volume using the DIC to louder. I can hear all the chimes now, as can anyone within 25 feet of the truck. Key in ignition buzzer works when engine is running (or key on) and door is opened, low fuel chime happens before radio is on enough to produce it so it cannot be heard. With the chime volume set to normal they are very quiet, and hardly hearable over the radio. Signal volume did not appear to be altered by increasing the chime volume though. As said earlier, Advent needs to address this, it is very doable by them.

What happens on vehicles with aftermarket radios/amps with the adaptors for playing chimes? Do they work properly?

• 1 year later...

Topic has been dead for near two years, maybe bringing it to the top will inspire ADC to prod Advent regarding virtually all chimes not working with OGM1. The only chimes I hear are the seatbelt and turn signal ones. My Low Fuel came on today while I was driving with the CD playing at a low volume(10) and no sound was made when the light came on. Factory radio dings 3 or 4 times when the light comes on while driving.

Does the factory radio actually play the sounds, or are they maybe generated by the BCM and passed on to the LF speaker directly? It would see to me that if the OGM1 can play seatbelt warning, it should play all sounds that arrive via the data bus.

Has there been any updates to OGM1 firmware in the past couple of years?

• 6 years later...
On 1/25/2021 at 9:14 PM, Slim1978 said:

Yeah I have a 2012 GMC Sierra. I replace my radio with aftermarket touchscreen.  Now  I have no chimes at all. So I was wondering what can I do to get my Chimes back? Cuz I would like to have my truck operating how it should be.

You need an interface module that allows you to retain the chimes...something similar to these from Crutchfield

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120OSLAN01/Axxess-GMOS-LAN-01-Wiring-Interface.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120LCLAN01/Metra-LC-GMRC-LAN-01-Wiring-Interface.html?tp=3486

This is just a couple of many that they offer

Edited by dsr611