Good Gas Station Chat

99silveradoz71

Caught a guy in a Lincoln suv at the gas station tonight staring at my truck when I picked my head up from filling some gas cans. He then began to say that he was looking for a truck to replace his wife's vehicle and asked my thoughts between a Chevy/GMC and a Ford. I gave him my opinion and mentioned that I've driven a few Expeditions for work vehicles and the motors on my Silverados have both felt much stronger than any of the Fords I've driven. He was intrigued by my Vmax emblems, so I explained the engine choices and such. It made me feel pretty good especially as my truck hasn't had a wash in a bit, so it wasn't looking as clean as it usually does. I definitely wasn't expecting a guy driving a Lincoln to be eager to listen to opinions about Chevys.

• 3 weeks later...

Took a roadtrip Thursday a little South of here and had the passenger in a van beside us at the stop light looking over and down at the truck's Vmax badge. I wanted to give him a little demonstration of what that was all about, but they got a turn arrow before I could go straight.

I get "hey man, is that like a special golf truck or something?".

hahahahaha. im not gonna lie, when i was real young i heard about callaway corvettes and whatnot and i always thought they were made by the company who made golf clubs

Truth be told, that's not that far off. Callaway Cars was founded by Reeves Callaway after racing and doing some turbo work on a BMW in his garage. Word got out and the rest is history. Callaway Clubs (not sure of the company's name) was founded by Ely Callaway, Reeves' father. Strangely enough the kid started Callaway Cars in 1977 and his dad started Callaway Clubs in 1983(after selling his California wine vinyards for a cool 9 mil.)

Truth be told, that's not that far off. Callaway Cars was founded by Reeves Callaway after racing and doing some turbo work on a BMW in his garage. Word got out and the rest is history. Callaway Clubs (not sure of the company's name) was founded by Ely Callaway, Reeves' father. Strangely enough the kid started Callaway Cars in 1977 and his dad started Callaway Clubs in 1983(after selling his California wine vinyards for a cool 9 mil.)

wow i never knew that.. my uncle said something along the lines of that years and years ago so i dont remember exactly but i guess thats what he meant

ive always loved the callaway sledgehammer

the sledge hammer reached almost 255mph, driven by another performance guy, John Lingenfelter. That must feel insane, and probably looks surreal being that close to the ground with things going by you in a blink.

i cant even imagine... especially when they made that car.. when was it? 88 if i remember correctly? back then that speed was even more insane

Archived