Question's about DIC and Radio with XM radio

KG14

Hi

I'm looking at a newer truck 2010 with the 4.8L,I would want to add the DIC,but how does the tire pressure monitor system work.

Did GM from the factory already install the TMS Sensors in the tires on non DIC trucks? also will I gain option's like fuel milage left and switching between kph&mph.

My other quetion,If I install a factory radio with xm/sirius would it just be a plug and play and the dealership unlocks it.

I just don't know what gm from the factory installs on the lower end trucks like the LS models.

anyhelp would be great

thanks

On the DIC,yes....just adding it will get you all the information you want (IE-fuel mileage,trans.temp.,etc.) the tire pressure sensors are in every truck.

On the XM,you actually need to add an XM radio accessory kit from GM,the radio itself does not have the XM in it,it is a separate receiver,all but the base AM/FM radio have the abilitly to add XM,so if it has one of the CD radios all you need to do is add the XM kit.

On the DIC,yes....just adding it will get you all the information you want (IE-fuel mileage,trans.temp.,etc.) the tire pressure sensors are in every truck.

On the XM,you actually need to add an XM radio accessory kit from GM,the radio itself does not have the XM in it,it is a separate receiver,all but the base AM/FM radio have the abilitly to add XM,so if it has one of the CD radios all you need to do is add the XM kit.

Wow really!

Yes the only things the truck doesn't have what I want is the DIC and XM radio and a locking gate,also no steering wheel controls

That's why I'm adding what everything will cost.

Thanks for your help

When my subscription expire I will have the xm brain available. My nav kit I bought come with a new one that is nav traffic compatable. The kit runs about 500 to have it installed, including kit as the kit is 250 dollars. I did not put mine in as it was worked out as part of the deal when i bought the truck so I don't know if the harness is already there. So, find out and if it works i will give it away cheap. It will only work with trucks that shiped with on star.

Could I tell by the vin if the factory rims and tires have it installed,who knows if canada made it madatory.

Also I have another question saw a guy on youtube that bought end bumper caps with fogs built in.

I was looking and don't see them only primed ones

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

I don't know part numbers but you can certainly get pre-painted fog lamp housings.

As for TPMS, do you have the light on the gauge cluster turn on briefly each time you start the truck? It looks like a cutaway of a tire with an '!' in the middle. If not then I would say you do not have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

look for RPO UJ6 in your glove box or take one tire off and replace with your spare and go for a ride. A little orange light should pop up on your dash that has a cuttaway of a tire with a exclamation point. this light will illuminate temporarrily when you start the truck a well.

i have not looked into the fog light project yet but i am interested in the chromw ones

I don't know part numbers but you can certainly get pre-painted fog lamp housings.

As for TPMS, do you have the light on the gauge cluster turn on briefly each time you start the truck? It looks like a cutaway of a tire with an '!' in the middle. If not then I would say you do not have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ha ha we pretty much wrote the same thing lol. I didn't even realize til now

Archived