Cam Options?

Anyway to answer your question, the camshaft is $389.99. In the kit with springs and pushrods its $599.99, and a gasket kit for the swap is $59.99. Please feel free to give me a call if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jake Keeling

Texas Speed and Performance

[email protected]

The grinds are listed above, not sure of the other stuff, just have the pricing.

• 5 years later...
Call thunder racing. Spec one. For DD I wouldnt go above 2500 stall...
Working on a mild rebuild of the LM7 5.3 in my 06 Z71 Suburban.

What makes you say 2500 for the stall?

Tq converters are one aspect of this build I am not really knowledgeable about.

(The other three engines I've rebuilt have been attached to manual trannys.)

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

2004 silverado 5.3 2wd. I just installed a teaxas speed 216/220 112lsa cam with a 2000 stall converter and it works the best. You will HAVE to tune for this as it will barely run afterwards. I simply spent the money on an HPtuners software for laptop and paid tsp tune emailed to me (casey does tuning at tsp) and then final tuned it myself. You definatly do not want a 3k stall converter and this is coming from a guy working at a tranny rebuild shop. When towing you will constantly be at the higher rpm due to tow haul mode. This will build up heat and isn't needed. My 2k stall is perfect but I don't tow so I am opting for a 2500 stall. (I've tried 3 converter stalls within a month a d rebuilt 4l60e) . 

Whatever cam you decide on you will have to measure for pushrod length. Especially if you change lifters. I just did a cam in the engine for my 06. I put in a comp cams k54-412-11 kit. Ended up needing 7.325 pushrods after all was said and done. I put it together with the 7.4 stock pushrods and was bottoming out the lifters. It was well worth the 20$ adjustable pushrod to check and get the right ones. I really like this cam. Good power without sacrificing low end. I did get a p0300 even once in a blue moon but I need to still get the tune.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brian715 said:

Whatever cam you decide on you will have to measure for pushrod length. Especially if you change lifters. I just did a cam in the engine for my 06. I put in a comp cams k54-412-11 kit. Ended up needing 7.325 pushrods after all was said and done. I put it together with the 7.4 stock pushrods and was bottoming out the lifters. It was well worth the 20$ adjustable pushrod to check and get the right ones. I really like this cam. Good power without sacrificing low end. I did get a p0300 even once in a blue moon but I need to still get the tune.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The texas speed and performance truck cams do not need different push rod length. Just the cam and springs. And I've got .550 lift. Works great. No drivability problem at all.