universal remote console

gsdan

Greetings ! I just traded my 259,000 mile 01 Sierra 2500HD 4wd today for a 2012 Sierra 1500 Z71 4wd and I must say technology has come a long way since 01. I don't have the homelink console and I want one.I have read several posts here and it seems everything is readily availabe with the exception of the console itself. Looks like if I can buy the buttons and transmitter , I can swap everything from 1 console to the other , I just don't know where to source the console (other than the dealer and they enough of my money for awhile !!) Looks like a great site you have here , I will be visiting often. By the way , my truck has the 18" wheels with factory 265's , anyone know if I can install 285's w/o lifting front end ?

Those consols are hard to come by. I've been looking on ebay for about a year now. If you just bought the truck go to your dealer's parts counter. Tell them you just purchased from that dealer and are looking for that part. They might give you a break on the price. Tell them you saw it online for cheaper and see if they will match it. I did this when my wife purchased her equinox and got parts for the same price as online and did not have to pay shipping. It's worth a try.

I went from the stock 275x55xR20 on the stock 20X8.5 rims (31mm offset) to 285X45XR22 on 22X9.5 rims (34mm offset) on my 2013 Yukon, and have no rubbing issues whatsoever.

Archived