2007 Tahoe LTZ rear inside door handle wont open door

Hello all,

My 2007 Tahoe has stopped allowing me to open the passengers side back door from the inside. I have checked the child safety lock twice - and it is clearly in the correct position. I have rotated it back and forth just to make sure that it was NOT the child safety lock.

The door opens fine from the outside. Can anyone venture a guess as to what this could be before I start taking the door panel off?

thanks

PS: and on the same day the drivers side rear door OUTSIDE handle started coming off the truck. My rear doors are cursed.

I'll be watching this thread with interest as the rear passenger door on our 2008 LTZ acted similarly for a few days last week. On ours, it appeared that the lock wasn't disengaging completely as sometimes the door wouldn't open from either side and the lock 'botton' wasn't popping up completely. I maually worked the lock 'button' a few times and the problem went away, but I see a future where I'm popping off that door panel.

177mph,

Have you had a chance to mention this to your local dealer? Feel free to contact me as well with the last eight of your VIN and I can look into this for you on my end. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

I havent called the dealer yet. I guess I was hoping it was something simple that I was missing. The last 8 digits on my vin are 7J348681. It looks like I'll have to take the door panel off and see if I can find a problem.

I havent called the dealer yet. I guess I was hoping it was something simple that I was missing. The last 8 digits on my vin are 7J348681. It looks like I'll have to take the door panel off and see if I can find a problem.

I was not able to find any information on my resources that would relate to your concern under your VIN. Keep me posted on your progress and feel free to contact me privately if you need anything else. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

If the cable stripped out of the mount (likely) you need a new panel. Terrible design. For the consumer at least. Plastic tools a socket set and needle nose pliers to disconnect the door cable if its still connected.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Check the indentation/slot that the inside lock release button slides in.

The slot gets worn or the button or release rod gets "stretched" so the button does

not move into the fully unlocked position.

A little bending/dremel tool work is necessary.......................

Have you checked the rear door security locks that specifically prevent opening the doors from the inside?

It should be in your manual, page 124.

Yes - I checked those first.

Archived