So the guy at the dealership says May or June !?!

Does that sound right. My friend works at a dealership, so I had her ask, and dude says "may or june, and its worth the wait, Im gettin one too".

Does that seem too early for the 2014s? I sold my 08 a month ago and I was afraid i was gona be without a truck until like october or something..

From GM published info.......................

Production Date

The 2014 Silverado 1500 crew cab will start production in the second quarter of 2013, with other cab styles following later in the year.

So it could be as late as June when production starts and every dealer is allocated 1 vehicle from the early production. So you are not likely to see a lot of trucks until later in the year. Thats typical of how GM rolls out new models. If its anything like the Camaro roll-out do not expect many deals as trucks will be in big demand and be few and far between on dealer lots especially if they have lots of the current body style in inventory. Friend who is a asst sales manager said GM is telling them to stock up on 2013 models so as not to be low on truck inventory as the new models are ramped up to full production.

GM also states that the 6.2 will not be available at launch, but will be available later in the year.

I'm curious to know when the 8-speeds are released. Q1 - Q2 2014 is my guess.

Archived