Ways To Increase Gas Milage In 04 2500HD

It may take some time to hear back. Sending multiple emails before the first one is replied puts you at the bottom of the cue. He replies in the order they were received. The email system puts the 2 or more together so you would put yourself at the bottom.

He is a busy person. They have a couple employees and Justin is the only tuner. What questions do you have? I could probably answer some. I have used them and I have an autocal handheld from them. The best thing if you're serious is to buy the device from their website and start the process of setting it up and data logging.

To me, I'd rather have a tune first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't send multiple e-mails, I just sent one with what my truck is and what I'd like to get out of it. I also stated my issue with a single programmed tune and how what if I want to change to something else on the fly. But you answered that question for me by telling me there is a handheld. So what I'm looking for in any tune is a little bit better response in the throttle, better gas mileage, a little more power, and better shifts. The most important is the MPG. If I can get the 1-2 that is stated on the website then I'm happy because everything else I'll be doing will just add to that.

I was just just giving you a heads up not to send multiple emails. He is good at what he does. Hell I'm pulling 18.2-18.6 hwy out of my 1500 6.0

Brother, I have the heavier truck with it being the 2500HD 4-door 4x4. I barely get 13 stock. If what is true from the tune by Black Bear to increase MPG's between 1 and 2 more then I'll be totally happy. That's what started all of this is getting better gas mileage. So with the potential of gaining at least 1 more mpg with intake and exhaust I'll get the 3 mpg's with the tune once it's all put together.

I get 12 in town. After a tune from Justin the truck will improve a little and overall feel better to drive.

I appreciate the help. I already love the way it drives but I always like to tweak things and make them just that much better. I'll go back on the site and see what the tuner costs to get it so I can see about getting started so I can send it back and get my 4 tunes.

I love it when people dump $1000 + into there vehicle trying to get 1-2 more mpg's out it, if you do the math with gas avg. about 3.50 a gallon that little bit of fuel increase of 2 mpg's will take you about 60 tanks of fuel and 120 tanks with 1 mpg increase just to break even on the $1000 dollars spent.

Its $549. He will set you up with 4 tunes. Mine were a regular and towing for 87 octane and a regular and towing for 91. When I say it will drive better I mean the way it shifts, accelerates, you feel like it has more power.

I love it when people dump $1000 + into there vehicle trying to get 1-2 more mpg's out it, if you do the math with gas avg. about 3.50 a gallon that little bit of fuel increase of 2 mpg's will take you about 60 tanks of fuel and 120 tanks with 1 mpg increase just to break even on the $1000 dollars spent.

thats marketing at its finest for ya

I don't have anything to tow or haul yet except for the wife and kids and a bunch of baseball stuff. There are plans in the future for having things to haul. Yes my quest for the right upgrades may have started with better gas mileage but in the end it's to help in the overall improvement of my truck. I want exhaust for the performance and the sound. A cold air intake goes along with the exhaust. Oh and in Arizona I'm paying anywhere from 2.80 a gallon to 3.20. And that depends on paying full price or using Fry's points to get 10 cents off per gallon. My thing is, is that I want one fill up at 60 bucks a week to go longer than a week. Filling up less will get me the savings faster with the investment of the upgrades. Maybe I have a weird way of looking at it but the math works out for me.

I had a well tuned 6 litre, levelled with 33x12.5's on bigger rims, CAI an actual cat back exhaust with magnaflow muffler. I even port an polished my heads on my own and I forget the timing I was running it was very advanced. I had an awesome custom tune as well all the secrets and tricks to get better feeling truck. 93 octane tune so timing was set About as far as you can go on a stock cam with no pinging, so my mileage was about as best As I could get it. It could get a little better than what your are getting but basically the same, and it didn't matter highway or around town it still sucked it back.

Get a tune it might pay itself off in along time, but you'll like the driving manners of the 4l80e a little better with a tune. As for "better" mpg with a 2500hd 6 litre good luck my friend, you're stuck with a gas pig.

You won't gain very much HP with a tune, but it will "feel" like you do. The truck will drive 100% better than it did from factory. More torque will make it to the ground instead of being nannied up by gm's power robbing torque management tables. You'll be happy with a tune, best money spent on a 6 litre IMO.

Archived