A good A/T tire?

kurt1993

What you listed is a good choice but I personally love my bfg a/ts they are doing amazing in the snow ride great look aggressive and aren't loud ill buy them again

Sent from your truck via Tapatalk

I have cooper discoverer atr on the front of my express 2500 w/t and the new a/t3 on the rear. They are load range e. I think they are great tires. Made in USA and have been very rugged. Will replace tires on pickup with cooper when my factory bridgestone are bald.

i dont know maybe coopers are just constructed better than mastercrafts? What about michelins i think the m/s has a 70,000 mile warranty but im not a big fan of the tread its just so boring and gives me the turning my truck into a prius

I am about 7,000 into a set of Firestone AT and have been pleased with smooth ride and a decent aggressive look without the road noise. There wearing evenly and only complant is for the first few thousand miles they picked up gravel and threw it out after you get up to highway speed. Dont do it anymore and the grip on rainy roads is good.

In no particular order I like

Cooper Zeon LTZ (seems to be a great tire but heavy)

Nitto Terra Grappler

Toyo Open Country AT2

Yokohama Geolander ATS

Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo2

BFG All Terrain KO

I have either owned or know someone that has owned all those tires but the Zeon's and the Open Country AT2's. I'll be buying new all terrain tires in about a month and looked at all those options. I didn't care for the sidewall of the Discoverer AT3 or the BFG Rugged Terrain I think it was called. Right now I'm set on getting the Open Country's. I really want to get the Zeon's but I know in 275/60/20 they are 53 pounds a piece listed online. Someone on here was also nice enough to scale one for me and confirmed 53 pounds (that wasn't even for a 10-ply E-rated tire). Supposedly the OC AT2 is only around 43 pounds. Even though the Zeon is supposed to be a great tire and I love how it looks, I don't think I can justify the added weight given some of the other options I listed.

Duratracs are hard to beat for snow traction/plowing. Good off road too. I've run lots of different tires over the years and IMO best AT ever had. Looks good on the truck to.

post-95614-0-23321300-1358991118_thumb.jpg

Archived