I'm back!

CMNTMXR81

Well, I was never really gone, but I'm back in another GM truck.

Back in January, I picked up a sunset gold metallic, pretty low mileage, California lived, 1999 Suburban LT K1500, for real cheap. Got it as my winter beater, family hauler, family trip vehicle.

As can be figured, being 14 years old, 123k, it had/has some mechanical as well as cosmetic things that I'm working on, most I've handled (still have some suspension/steering things I'll do come spring), so now it's onto little things. One I'm looking into is LED taillights, since the stock ones are cracked in a couple places and hazed over (beyond restoration, that was one of the first things I tried). I love the vertical column LED's on my STS, so I figured, while I'm spending, why not look into them.

The two most common brands I'm finding are IPCW and Spec-D. Anyone have familiarity with them? First things first, I'd like to keep them in red lenses and as close to OEM looking as possible. None of that smoked out or altezza looking stuff. and second, as I mentioned, I like the vertical columns of light vs. the circles (again, like those on my STS), and these two seem to fit that. I also see a few other brands which are either IPCW and Spec-D's that are rebranded.

Pictures of them lit would be nice if anyone has any.

Thanks.

Edited by CMNTMXR81

• 7 years later...

I'm back, back again, Shady's back tell a friend...

So still have the '99, but picked up a 2003 Suburban 2500 LT, 8.1 (God I missed my BBC), 4.10's, etc, etc...

has less than 100k on the clock, LT, etc, etc...  Came from Utah.  I wonder if the previous owner is on here??

After doing some things this weekend;

20200926_174120.thumb.jpg.112cd788f54a162478f3f110b5b7dba6.jpg

20200926_150949.thumb.jpg.205971900629e13d49ce3cf4054e34a0.jpg

20200926_140340.thumb.jpg.05ab6b7edcc471cf8c88f609427ec8b2.jpg

Edited by CMNTMXR81
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...