built my first 2014

I work for a dealership and while we have no allocation yet, we can build trucks now. No prices, but interesting to see the different configurations we can come up with. I built a bronze v6 6'6" bed Z71 SLE with nav and cloth heated seats! I thought it was cool to be able to get that engine in so much truck. The v6 and 6.2 will be late availability, so everything at first will be 5.3. I can't wait to see the power numbers for these engines and the fuel economy potential of the 4.3. I played around all afternoon building trucks, trying to get a sense of the way the packages will look. It is very addicting.

Any idea what month(s) the 6.2 is available?

Is the 8 speed available on Denali or at end of year?

Any info on HD trucks?

Thanks for your post

Any idea what month(s) the 6.2 is available?

Is the 8 speed available on Denali or at end of year?

Any info on HD trucks?

Thanks for your post

no mention of when the 6.2 will be available.

Intersting theory on the denali/8spd, I know the denali is coming, but i haven't seen anything about an 8spd at all. The six speed seems to be a solid trans and will be behind all three new motors.

I haven't seen aything about HD. maybe it will carryover, I don't know for sure.

I hope they have the color keyed options available too. the chrome everything approach seems so.....RAM or Dodge or whatever they are this week. I would love the Chevy grill(awesome headlights), and no molding, color keyed everything, with GMC AT wheels(gray), on a silver truck...!

does it look like there will be color match options on the mirrors, door handles, etc. on the ltz models?

For the 2014 Silverado 1500 outside chrome caps for the mirrors are standard on the 2LTZ and the 1LTZ. But it is not available with (DPN) power camper mirrors on the 1LTZ. Body-color mirror caps are included and only available with (PDA) Texas Edition or (PEB) Custom Sport on the 1LT.

Chrome door handles are standard on the 1LTZ and 2LTZ. Body-color door handles are included and only available with (PDA) Texas Edition or (PEB) Custom Sport on the 1LT. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

For the 2014 Silverado 1500 outside chrome caps for the mirrors are standard on the 2LTZ and the 1LTZ. But it is not available with (DPN) power camper mirrors on the 1LTZ. Body-color mirror caps are included and only available with (PDA) Texas Edition or (PEB) Custom Sport on the 1LT.

Chrome door handles are standard on the 1LTZ and 2LTZ. Body-color door handles are included and only available with (PDA) Texas Edition or (PEB) Custom Sport on the 1LT. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Thanks Tricia, not sure if you can do anything to inform higher ups, but gm needs to know that not all of us like the chrome stuff, but would like the higher end trim models. I happen to be one of those, and there are many on this forum as well. Many customers feel that color match looks higher end than the chrome.

Tricia, I have a few questions if you could please help answer them I would really really really appreciate it.

1. When will I be able to go to a dealership and order a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT 4WD Crew Cab 5.3?

2. How long will it take to deliver?

3. I assume I can't special order it with a color not listed as available? I want grey but don't like the blue in the slate grey nor do I like the purple in the Iridium Metallic. I would LOVE it if I could get it with the 2013 color: Steel Grey Metallic. Possible?

4. Is the suspension on the 4WD 2014 the same as the 4WD 2013?

5. Would I be more likely to get the truck sooner if I order it or just wait for them to show up at dealerships and buy one in stock?

These questions have been making me crazy for the last 2 months, please help! :)

4. The suspension is basically unchanged from the 2007.5 - 2013 trucks. GM calls the 2014 trucks all new because they added some high strength steel to the frame and I believe added / changed where the frame is boxed. I have read some Articles that the suspension is unchanged except for maybe different shock offerings.

I my just have to buy a 13, I may not be able to wait for the 6.2's to be released this fall. If the MPG and HP / TQ is amazing then I will do my best and wait

It will be interesting to see what the weight of the new trucks are compared GMT900. I know they added high strength steel to parts of the frame and cab. The hood is now aluminum and the beds are stronger rolled steel. If the truck weighs 300 - 500lbs less plus 50 more HP / TQ will fell like a whole new beast!

Archived