NNBS 4/6 drop camber issue discussion

Okay, the truck:

2011 ECSB silverado with the following parts,

Front - ground force spindles 476-6010 with MCG coil relocators 34061 set to 2"

Rear - belltech flip kit 6521 with rear hanger set to 6". Belltech rear street performer shock 2210F

I took it to a good alignment shop this morning and the best they could get the camber was -1.51 (roadside) and -1.54 (curbside). I thought that the camber might be a problem so I already started researching different fixes.

1. Install Belltech Bushing 4955 in the upper control arms, +/- 2 degrees

2. Install new cam plates:

EIB-5-86375K, +/- 1.5 degrees, Eibach

5957, +/- 2 degrees, Belltech

3. Use a DJM upper control arm ?

The Belltech bushing would be somewhat easy as I have a press in my shop, but it doesn't fix the ball-joint angle, if that is a serious concern.

While I was at the alignment shop, I called and spoke to a guy at DJM. I wish I could say that they were helpful, but he was far from that. I explained to him my setup and expressed interest in buying upper arms. He stopped me there and basically said that I would have to talk to the spindle company because spindles suck. He was very short with me, maybe because I did not use there arms !?! It kinda pissed me off because I wanted help, and was willing to buy some of his parts.

I am not going to totally write them off, because their upper arms may help. Either way, what do you guys think?

null_zps0cb4227d.jpg

PM C. Smith and see if he can help ya bud. He's the only one I can think of right now with a lowered nnbs. Like they said this forum is mostly stock, leveled, or lifted...

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Funny zach, I'm in Camden.

I PMd smith, so we will see.

And yes, I know what most people on this forum do, but there are also a few who have dropped their truck. That was the focus of this post.

Funny zach, I'm in Camden.

I PMd smith, so we will see.

And yes, I know what most people on this forum do, but there are also a few who have dropped their truck. That was the focus of this post.

I left camden a year ago to work for EFD. How long have you been there? Don't recall seeing that truck around...

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

I sent Norcal a message on GMFS, as I have a similiar thread started there. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Zach, the truck is a newer addition to my herd. I spent the last 3 years working on a G8 GT. I recently sold it and started working on the truck more. I have a know problem, where only the wife's car is still stock.

I personally have 2" McG spindles and coil relocators and have around a degree of camber not noticeable but like you stated, could be a potential problem. I've also looked into trying new cam plates but have just been too busy with school/haven't had cash to try. I've just been rotating my tires every oil change/3,000 miles or so and haven't noticed any irregular wear. I can't say yay or nay on any of the above from personal experience tho.

If money weren't an option I'd go with the DJM arms though as things on them are easily replaceable and using new arms seems to align best from what I've gathered by talking to people on both customgm.com and gmfullsize. I'd definitely skip calling DJM though and would contact Tony from TBSSowners directly as he's a great guy to talk to about things.

Smith, thanks for chiming in. I texted Tony last night and started talking to him about the best path forward. I did not keep him long because he had track time reserved, and I know that it can be expensive. Based on our quick exchange, he thought the bushing kit was the way to go, Belltech PN 4957. This kit includes the cam plates, bushings and bolts. We will see what he says. Thanks again.

Smith, thanks for chiming in. I texted Tony last night and started talking to him about the best path forward. I did not keep him long because he had track time reserved, and I know that it can be expensive. Based on our quick exchange, he thought the bushing kit was the way to go, Belltech PN 4957. This kit includes the cam plates, bushings and bolts. We will see what he says. Thanks again.

Keep us updated on how it turns out. I can never find an unbiased opinion, always turns into a "this is the best company, blah blah blah thread"....Tony is an A+ guy to deal with for sure.

If this works for you I might have to save and pick up a set to fix mine.

Archived