3m paint defender system

Purchased to tryout on the front of my camaro. If all goes well I will buy some more to do my truck.

Price $44.95 from amazon

Photos and details to follow in the coming days

py9e2yve.jpg

Ryan

You'd think it would last for more than a year? Ryan let me know how you make out, I might try this on the lower protion of the doors where I get a fair amount of stone chips.

I haven't tried but I hear the key is to put it on thick like the instructions say. Too thin and it doesn't level out and you can't peel it off except in small bits.

You'd think it would last for more than a year? Ryan let me know how you make out, I might try this on the lower protion of the doors where I get a fair amount of stone chips.

It won't be on my DD so it should last way more than a year

Ryan

It won't be on my DD so it should last way more than a year Ryan

After originally reading this I started researching the product and thought that I read somewhere saying, "up to a year of protection." This application video has some helpful application info.

http://youtu.be/fi3hJYmtKR4

It does say this on the packaging. My camaro in 15 months has less than 2k miles hence why I said it will last more than a year.

Ryan

I asked the guys at the body shop and said they use chip guard or autobahn instead. I called their autobahn installer and I am waiting for a quote to do the lower doors and bedsides, waiting to see if it's justifiable to be done.

Archived