So i raced a tundra today...

Edgecrusher09

No but those would be some good mods to have

Stock heads, cam and valve train can flow 1000rwhp. Only thing you gotta change which I am is push rods...is it wise to change out valve train? Yes. But if you're not pulling and racing as a career just a DD...stock heads flow just fine. I'm going thru the heads, gettin them deck and polished. But probly don't need too.

Diesels it's all about how much fuel/air you can pack in without shootin a rod thru the case. Stock heads are actually pretty damn good, they do just fine at 500-900hp. Just gotta keep them from lifting...lol

They will do fine at that hp but as you know porting and polishing them will have some nice gains on a stock ls

They will do fine at that hp but as you know porting and polishing them will have some nice gains on a stock ls

But it's not economical, why spend $1000 or more a head just for a port and polish job. Then another $1000 per head on billet valve train when you could just spend $2000 on a different turbo that will yield you 10 times the gains for half the price. Sure it looks pretty but much better places to put the money.

People can actually see the turbo too. :)

I really want a supercharger for my 5.3. And I drive like a senior most of the time. Just having all that extra torque on tap makes driving so much more fun.

How much is a 5.3 sc? Like 7,000$?

Around $6k. Maybe slightly less since I wouldn't have to upgrade injectors and I'd just have to retune.

Why wouldnt you have to upgrade the injectors? Im glad i have the L59 i have upgraded factory injectors and fuel pump

People can actually see the turbo too. :)

I really want a supercharger for my 5.3. And I drive like a senior most of the time. Just having all that extra torque on tap makes driving so much more fun.

If I was a LS owner, I would want a turbo!! Can't beat the price, reliability and efficiency! I seen a ford that blew the belt on a blower before! Left stranded with a huge dent in the hood!! Haha