'14 Sierra CC A/T 6.2L order picked up!!

pj8556

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jennifer,when you select the 6.2L LTZ I notice on one website it automatically selects the LTZ PLus package as well.I new you had to order the LTZ either in double or crew,but not the LTZ Plus package.Might be a software issue on that site. EChavez it is 1995.00 for the option( L86),it defaults to the 5.3L until you select the 6.2L so just add that to the price.

Jennifer,when you select the 6.2L LTZ I notice on one website it automatically selects the LTZ PLus package as well.I new you had to order the LTZ either in double or crew,but not the LTZ Plus package.Might be a software issue on that site. EChavez it is 1995.00 for the option( L86),it defaults to the 5.3L until you select the 6.2L so just add that to the price.

Bravo1,

It may just be a software issue. They are updating the Build You Own Vehicle but I am waiting on more information.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Got an update from my dealer today. Apparently now the sunroof, 6.2L, SLT Trim package are all on constraint. Anyone else here this? And do these things typically resolve quickly or are they random?

Hope to get an update this week that these are released to production!!

Jennifer,

My father and brother each placed an order for a diamond white Sierra Denali. They were told that there will only be 60 diamond white Denali Sierra crew cabs built in the nation on the first run. Any truth to that?

If I were to provide with my father's order number, would it be possible to provide me with an update for him? He was told last week that it is currently being built.

Thanks!

I ordered a sierra denali without the sunroof and was told it would take longer because I did not have a sunroof. Im assuming since most denalis will have a sunroof mine will take longer since it is an odd ball. I'm also from Saskatchewan Canada if that makes any difference.

EChavez,

I am so excited for you! You ordered the 6.2 Sierra SLT Z71, that is great. I would be more than happy to give you a weekly order status update on your vehicle. If interested, private message me including your order number.

Best regards,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Jennifer, is gm going to start picking up double cabs with the 6.2 anytime soon? I ordered mine on sept 19th ans still not picked up yet. Very disappointed!

Constraints-Double and Crew Cabs Last Updated: 09/30/13

V8 Engine (L83) may increase lead time by 4 or more due to supplier constraints

Automatic Transfer Case (NQH) on Work Truck Models may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier constraints

SEOs and Special Paints may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks pending engineering resrictions

Telescoping Column (N37) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier constraints - Silverado Double Cab LT

White Diamond Tricoat (GBN) paint may increase led time by 4 weeks or more due to a plant restriction- Crew Cab

Denali Package (5SA) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to a supplier constraint - Sierra Crew Cab

Sunroof (CF5) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to a supplier constraint- Crew Cab

20" Wheels (NZM) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to a supplier constraint- Sierra

Compressed Natural Gas Engine (FHV) has been built out and is no longer available to order - Sierra Crew Cab

Constraints-Double and Crew Cabs Last Updated: 09/30/13

V8 Engine (L83) may increase lead time by 4 or more due to supplier constraints

Automatic Transfer Case (NQH) on Work Truck Models may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier constraints

SEOs and Special Paints may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks pending engineering resrictions

Telescoping Column (N37) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier constraints - Silverado Double Cab LT

White Diamond Tricoat (GBN) paint may increase led time by 4 weeks or more due to a plant restriction- Crew Cab

Denali Package (5SA) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to a supplier constraint - Sierra Crew Cab

Sunroof (CF5) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to a supplier constraint- Crew Cab

20" Wheels (NZM) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to a supplier constraint- Sierra

Compressed Natural Gas Engine (FHV) has been built out and is no longer available to order - Sierra Crew Cab

Has any of the above changed in a week?

Thats the only info I have, I get it second hand so its usually a week late.

fyi

DOSP - Dealer Order Submission Process

The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.

2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the constraints. (A Constraint is a limit placed on an specific build configurations.)

3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealer’s orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. (At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated if they asked.)

4. Dealer Review-You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent to production control.

So while there are constraints they will still accept some orders until the limit on what they can get is reached, could be 5% of orders or could be 25% of orders. SOLD orders get preference. Stock orders will be held until all solds orders are filled. SO MAKE SURE YOU DEALER ORDERS IT AS A SOLD ORDER. I know someone who ordered a 2014 Camaro a while back and just found out this week the dealer ordered as a stock order for reasons unbeknown to him.

Thats the only info I have, I get it second hand so its usually a week late.fyiDOSP - Dealer Order Submission ProcessThe weekly process consists of 4 stages.1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the constraints. (A Constraint is a limit placed on an specific build configurations.)3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealer’s orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. (At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated if they asked.)4. Dealer Review-You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent to production control.So while there are constraints they will still accept some orders until the limit on what they can get is reached, could be 5% of orders or could be 25% of orders. SOLD orders get preference. Stock orders will be held until all solds orders are filled. SO MAKE SURE YOU DEALER ORDERS IT AS A SOLD ORDER. I know someone who ordered a 2014 Camaro a while back and just found out this week the dealer ordered as a stock order for reasons unbeknown to him.

Mine was ordered sold. That is great info for someone not in the business. There seems to be somewhat of a cloud surrounding how all this works. Some dealers are more forth coming and transparent than others. The internet is helping but still not all I would like to know.

I saw yesterday that GM is getting close to introducing online ordering and by passing dealers. They have a few franchise issues to sort out.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jennifer,

My father and brother each placed an order for a diamond white Sierra Denali. They were told that there will only be 60 diamond white Denali Sierra crew cabs built in the nation on the first run. Any truth to that?

If I were to provide with my father's order number, would it be possible to provide me with an update for him? He was told last week that it is currently being built.

Thanks!

Hey there,

Yes, I would be happy to look into the order status for you. Private message me the order number and I can look that up for you. As for your question about the Diamond White Denali Sierra, I will have to look into this for you but I cannot guarantee I will get an answer.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Jennifer, is gm going to start picking up double cabs with the 6.2 anytime soon? I ordered mine on sept 19th ans still not picked up yet. Very disappointed!

fish5225,

I understand that you are anxious. If you would like me to look into the status of your order, I would be more than happy to. Just private message me with your order number and I check into this for you.

Regards,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Thats the only info I have, I get it second hand so its usually a week late.fyiDOSP - Dealer Order Submission ProcessThe weekly process consists of 4 stages.1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the constraints. (A Constraint is a limit placed on an specific build configurations.)3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealer’s orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. (At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated if they asked.)4. Dealer Review-You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent to production control.So while there are constraints they will still accept some orders until the limit on what they can get is reached, could be 5% of orders or could be 25% of orders. SOLD orders get preference. Stock orders will be held until all solds orders are filled. SO MAKE SURE YOU DEALER ORDERS IT AS A SOLD ORDER. I know someone who ordered a 2014 Camaro a while back and just found out this week the dealer ordered as a stock order for reasons unbeknown to him.

Mike, thanks a million for the info you sent me. I sincerely appreciate your time and effort. I must say, I love this forum! Thanks again!

Archived