Michelin LTX A/T 2 on 07 Silverado

cvfd1615

Hey Guys,

Looking at the Michelin LTX A/T 2 tires for my extended cab pickup.

OEM is 265/65/18 but am considering going with 275/65/18 - Any harm doing that?

These are 114T tires from Tirerack? Mostly highway driving but can occassionally be off road alittle but nothing too major.

I had the Coopers AT3 that I bought 2 years ago this coming November and their already worn down to almost needing replacing.

So will 275/65/18 change anything w/ the truck?

Tirerack has this size after $70 rebate for $686.

Thanks for the help.

No harm other than your speedo will be off vs stock size. I had Blackbear adjust my tune to compensate for the larger tires.No problems with clearances or rubbing on stock wheels. I've had the same experience with my AT3 tires, will be at the wear bars at 30k miles.

where are you located? i have a set of 100 mile takeoffs that i hope to have removed from the wheels this week. they are the michelin ltx at2s but e rating. 265/70/18. they came on my new 2500 hd but i bought a set of polished take offs with the same tires so im going to use original wheels for a winter tire . not sure if you want the e rating

Wow,

I use to ask a question on here and get answers almost with very little wait. What has happened to this forum?

I need to order a set of tires with the 275 65 18's work instead of the 265's and if so how much will my speedometer be off?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/infoTireMath.do

Wow,

I use to ask a question on here and get answers almost with very little wait. What has happened to this forum?

I need to order a set of tires with the 275 65 18's work instead of the 265's and if so how much will my speedometer be off?

To answer your question: about 1 mph at 60 mph (about 1%). Of course, that's assuming that your speedometer is accurate now. When I get a new vehicle, I always time a known 3-mile stretch at 60 mph to see how accurate the speedo is. I have discovered that it is usually off by 1 or 2 mph @ 60 mph. In other words, when the speedo is indicating 60 mph, I'm actually going ~58 mph.

Archived