Service Tire Monitor & Loss of Keyless Entry/Remote Start

cvfd1615

Question

Hello,

One night while my truck was parked after working I got into it to found that the service tire monitor had came on on my DIC. Also I was puzzled why my keyless entry would not work and had to use the key. I honestly thought my battery was dead inside my keyfob but that was not the case after it had been replaced with a new battery.

I can't use remote start, can't use my remote lock or any of that fancy stuff now.

I took it to a place and got a new set of tires installed today and they said they couldn't get it to do anything and was unable to resolve the issue and recommended a dealer on that TPMS issue along with my remote features.

The vehicle is an extended cab 2007 Chevy Silverado LTZ NBS

Any help?

Edited by cvfd1615

13 answers to this question

Sounds like the fob is not sync'd to bcm. You have two fobs don't you? Does the other one still work? If it does, you probably just need the fob reactivated to your truck. Not sure if you have the option in DIC, my 2010 has an option to reset the fob.

Sounds like the fob is not sync'd to bcm. You have two fobs don't you? Does the other one still work? If it does, you probably just need the fob reactivated to your truck. Not sure if you have the option in DIC, my 2010 has an option to reset the fob.

Neither keyfob works.

Same receiver for the key fobs and tire pressure sensors. Since both the wireless doors/start are affected and the TPMS then it pretty much points to the module. Check fuses?

Module shot (not that uncommon)? Going to have to take it to the pros or someone with an advanced enough scanner to talk to the RCDLR.

I have a 2007 Monte Carlo and i'm having the exact same issues. The TPMS notification came up, and my keyless entry/remote start no longer works. Did you get the problem resolved? I've tried re-calibrating the TPMS but was having trouble. Letting air out to have the computer "learn" the tire locations but it would not work.

Hey guys I have found that ANY type of trouble code that pops up even if it is a low tire sensor prevents the remote start feature from working. The post reads like the keyless entry did not work either? but mine is a 2009 so not sure how the 2007 was setup. On mine the key fob still locks and unlocks your vehicle and the remote start is the only thing that is not working when you have a stored code in the OBD system. I think I would check that and erase them (after you fix the cause of course) I know it sounds ridiculous but that may be the way it works. I had a friend who had a TMPS in his SPARE tire. Now his system did not identify the tire locations just gave a low tire icon he got pretty darned frustrated as all the tires on the ground were at full pressure he never even thought about checking the spare tire LOL.

Edited by Dnt

Oddly enough, last week on the coldest day of the season (no sense sayinhg coldest day of the year, it was on the 2nd of Jan when we had the -30C here) I locked the door with fob, then pushed remote start, truck started. On my remote start fob (I have the two way remote start and fob) it showed the left front tire was low. I went out to truck, got in, put key in and turned it on. I got a warning on the DIC saying LF tire was low.

The truck started remotely with that warning light on.

Had my tires rotated today at Sam's (sigh) they never reset the TMPS for me so anyway while I was resetting it to correctly identify which one is on which I first let the air out of one until the TMPS light illuminated on the dash then tried the remote start. THE TRUCK STARTED Normally with the remote start so I was wrong about that. Recently when the #1 cylinder spark plug fouled and set a code the remote would not start but the key fob did still lock and unlock the doors.

Looks like the issue I'm having with the Tire Pressure Monitor and Key fob not working has been going on for  along time. I'm 1 week over the 3 year warranty protection and they are wanting $710.00 to replace TMP module, door lock receivers and calibrate the key fobs. Needles to say I'm not a very happy GM person right now. The issue has been going on intermittently for over a year,  with the tire pressure readings not working along with the key fob. Checked both fobs, same thing. When I did discuss with the dealership they said if the issue was not present when I took it in they don't have anything to check. I get it and understand, however, it appears this is not an isolated issue. The dealership urged me to call GM to see if they would consider covering as it was so close to warranty time frame. Any comments?  

I've been having the same issue, but when i've taken it in they were unable to duplicate it. I understand its difficult for them to fix the problem if they can not duplicate it, but it leaves a very frustrated client. The issues i've had, and am having more frequently now, is the TMPS light flashing, display reads some type of TMPS issue, and I lose signal to one or both of the rear tires. I also intermittently have issues with the keyfob not working unless i've within arms length of the truck. There seems to be no rhyme or reason when this occurs. 

I have had the same issue with my 2015 Chevy Suburban I took it to the dealership the fix was they took all my tools out of the back of the truck and everything started working they put the tools back in and everything stopped working they said there's a radio signal receiver that controls both the key fob and the tire pressure monitoring system that is being blocked when my tools were in there. Seems to me like a design flaw. 

I have had the same issue with my 2015 Chevy Suburban I took it to the dealership the fix was they took all my tools out of the back of the truck and everything started working they put the tools back in and everything stopped working they said there's a radio signal receiver that controls both the key fob and the tire pressure monitoring system that is being blocked when my tools were in there. Seems to me like a design flaw. 

09 silverado crew cab z714wd the key fob will program then not work at all. Tpms is showing good pressure in all 4 . It was spitting a code for oil pressure switch,replaced it and cleared the check engine light but still no response from truck with fob. It’s not the battery because when I’m program mode the truck beeps accepting the remote but it doesn’t work after. Any advice greatly appreciated,been using the key and setting off the alarm for about 8 months now.I’m wearing out the only key hole in the truck.