2014 Sierra Updates after Mar 2014??

Hspore

I have two friends who HAD to have the earliest 2014's with Z-71 Package and both have had leaks from the Rancho shocks - repalced under warranty of course, but should not have happened in less than 1K miles. As for keyless start, I was told it would be a rolling change starting in the spring when the Tahoe/Yukon's begin to be produced....it's not rocket science to integrate that into a car nowadays. This coming from a GM employee out of Detroit that I went to college with. They are terribly frustrated with the constraints and I was told that off the record, it was a huge waste of money to hire people to make sure this did not happen.

If the shocks were currently leaking I would think they would put them in constraint and get it fixed immediately, right?

I can see a keyless coming, but I wouldn't imagine in a year model change that quick. Isn't as easy of an addition as just an ignition thing. I would think it would require New engineered entrance handles too to detect that you have it on you and some kinda entrance field. My last car with it knew when it left the car even a few feet.

I also wouldn't think they'd spend all that time on the new truck system and then rid of it a year later. I would assume the Tahoe was based off of its platform actually and perhaps just some new skins coming. If anything I wouldn't be shocked if they put a rear camera with a larger sensor in it. Pretty sure it's the same camera with a sensor made for the 2" terrain rear view mirror. However, if so it should be a swap for us. I know in 2008 when BMW had a x6 with a low res backup camera, the 2009 upgrade was easily upgraded in the old models

Don't think the push button start is coming to the trucks. When the debuted the Tahoe and Suburban they had the push button start in them and the interior lay out is quite a bit different from the trucks, so unless they are planning on making the SUV interior fit into the trucks, push button start probably isn't getting into the trucks until a major refresh or the next design.

I have two friends who HAD to have the earliest 2014's with Z-71 Package and both have had leaks from the Rancho shocks - repalced under warranty of course, but should not have happened in less than 1K miles. As for keyless start, I was told it would be a rolling change starting in the spring when the Tahoe/Yukon's begin to be produced....it's not rocket science to integrate that into a car nowadays. This coming from a GM employee out of Detroit that I went to college with. They are terribly frustrated with the constraints and I was told that off the record, it was a huge waste of money to hire people to make sure this did not happen.

If the shocks were currently leaking I would think they would put them in constraint and get it fixed immediately, right?

I can see a keyless coming, but I wouldn't imagine in a year model change that quick. Isn't as easy of an addition as just an ignition thing. I would think it would require New engineered entrance handles too to detect that you have it on you and some kinda entrance field. My last car with it knew when it left the car even a few feet.

I also wouldn't think they'd spend all that time on the new truck system and then rid of it a year later. I would assume the Tahoe was based off of its platform actually and perhaps just some new skins coming. If anything I wouldn't be shocked if they put a rear camera with a larger sensor in it. Pretty sure it's the same camera with a sensor made for the 2" terrain rear view mirror. However, if so it should be a swap for us. I know in 2008 when BMW had a x6 with a low res backup camera, the 2009 upgrade was easily upgraded in the old models

While I agree it's not rocket science, it's also not a single part swap out. UNLESS they make entrance and exiting not fobless and just a simple keyless ignition. I am talking about a total keyless setup as in never touch the key to open your car, start it, etc.

Your referring to proximity sensors (on the front doors and hopefully on the tailgate lock as well). No self-respecting manufacturer would design a keyless ignition without proximity sensors for keyless entry.

Having a Caddi with the keyless system has one issue that I hate. If you leave the keyfob in the vehicle and it has a low battery (keyfob) it locks down the vehicle. A person needs the extra keyfob to get the vehicle opened. Sure there is a spare entrance door key in the end of the fob but doesn't do much good when it's in the car. This happens about once per year, I keep a pack of batteries on hand.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have had my 2014 Z71SLT for 5 weeks and I can tell you that I absolutely hate this system. It is not user friendly. Navigation in my 2011 Acadia is much better. In fact everything is better. Voice recognition is not great. Did I mention that Navigation is aweful. There were more choices in earlier models. Not only was it easier to store and access destinations, it was easier to get to your favorites. I tell ya. I had a chance to buy a 2013 Denalli new and this 2014 for very little difference and I wish I had taken the 2013.

Yea I will admit that arguing with the trucks voice command is maddening. Passengers think it is funny though - good entertainment for them! I'm fine with the key and FOB as is and my shocks are fine as well. I compared all the trucks and bought this one because I liked it best. Everything will get niftier and better over the next 4-years until I compare them all again and buy another one. Just the way it is.

Archived