In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
bigdeer1

Exhaust is going on

Just dropped it off. Couldn't take it anymore. Decided to chop at the last cat run duals back no mufflers with 3-1/2" tips. Should be done soon!! Anyone have any experience with painting chrome exhaust tips black? I'm interested in doing it!

gonna sound like a 1974 tractor with a blown out muffler and misfire!

Wait till it goes in v4. You'll get a lot of laughs!! Oh- the last cat will act as a muffler so it won't be obnoxiously loud but it will Burrble bad!

Mike

Lol have fun with the drone man. It will drone 4 or 8 cylinders.

But I don't know anyone who's had luck painting tips. I see lots of attempts where it's flaking off. They do make black chrome tips that are a gunmetal color and look pretty cool.

x2 on the good luck with the drone. Enjoy

Seriously, if a guy wants extremely loud with no drone, get the Corsa Sport with Long Tube Headers. The attached video is on my 2010 regular cab silverado. I promise you that is dead quiet on the highway. It makes plenty of noise when you get on the gas, but otherwise it's unintrusive in both V4 and V8 modes.

Edited by DanMan_S
  • Like 1

Wow... It's awful. Should have listened... I'm having them install a super 40 dual In dual out instead... Hope this fixes it

Sand down the tips and use a high temp paint there wont be any problem with that end of it

Seriously, if a guy wants extremely loud with no drone, get the Corsa Sport with Long Tube Headers. The attached video is on my 2010 regular cab silverado. I promise you that is dead quiet on the highway. It makes plenty of noise when you get on the gas, but otherwise it's unintrusive in both V4 and V8 modes.

sounds awesome, with or without cats?

sounds awesome, with or without cats?

That's with the cats. American Racing Long Tube headers and high flow cats.

That's with the cats. American Racing Long Tube headers and high flow cats.

Sounds perfect, its the sound i'm holding out for.