Exhaust is going on

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FM is notorious for Drone! Tried to tell you on the straight pipe, and I didn't read that you hated it and was having a superflow 40 installed until after you did it.

I only speak from experience, but so far have wasted my breath....LMAO

It drones because it's a Flowmaster. I know lots of people like them but if you look at the internal design the baffles are arranged in a way that hinders flow and encourages drone. I have yet to ride in a vehicle with one that doesn't drone.

Magnaflow 18" is what you want, IMO.

I just had to do a quick fix... I couldn't drive around with the straights n no mufflers... What are my options to fix it now? If it would stay in v8 it would. Be ok but when it shifts to 4th or 5th and I'm cruising it's ok but when I step on it it's not terrible it's just annoying

Should of called the topic "Exhaust coming off" instead of going on. A flow master 40 series muffler is made for creating drone. If you like the flowmaster sound but don't want drone you will have to go down to a 70 series. Some people get lucky with the 50 series. But don't expect the loud sound out of either of them. A magnaflow muffler will make your truck sound almost like a muscle car. Depending on the magnaflow muffler you get depends on how loud that sound is. And of course a lot of trucks don' t have a drone until they go into V4 mode.

I have the 22" magnaflow, single in and dual out, with complete factory system removed after 3rd cat. It's perfect, except could be louder. If I had it to do over, I would do the 18" magnaflow. I believe, for what I was looking for, the 18" would have been spot on!

I deleted my muffler and kept the flapper and resonator. Works real nice but I'm debating on a aftermarket muffler now. Sounds to me the 18" Magnaflow is gonna be the winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived