Picked Up My New Truck Last Night (Pics)

LTZTom

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you don't have the max tow package with the 6.2 does it mean that you have the 3:42 by default?

That would be a pretty sweet combo as well, especially in 2wd.

I'm really not sure. I specified the 3.42 when I ordered the truck since the "standard equipment" rear end was 3.08. My window sticker confirms it's there but it shows "N/C" on the price. I think it was a no-charge option. If I remember correctly you had your choice.

Tapatalk via iPhone 5s

I got my truck around 5:30pm and was and stayed up until midnight playing with it. It drove like a dream and it's a BEAST!!! I broke the tires loose leaving the dealership...I wasn't try to but it was a nice surprise. I didn't experience ANY of the problems that I've been reading about on this Forum but that's not to say that maybe I won't because it only has 50 miles on it

I've fiddled with the MyLink system and everything that I tried seemed to work, I loaded over 800 tunes on a 16GB SD card (with room to spare), plugged it in and, presto, unlimited music (I don't use my iPhone for music). I have the lights around my knobs, I didn't hear any creaking or popping, my seat wasn't loose, didn't smell antifreeze in the cab, etc, etc, etc. I'm a HAPPY CAMPER!!

I still need to do my exhaust and drop the rear a couple of inches but for now I'm just gonna enjoy it. :D:D

140128_01.jpg

140128_02.jpg

140128_03.jpg

140128_04.jpg

140128_05.jpg

140128_06.jpg

140128_07.jpg

140128_08.jpg

140128_09.jpg

I'm really not sure. I specified the 3.42 when I ordered the truck since the "standard equipment" rear end was 3.08. My window sticker confirms it's there but it shows "N/C" on the price. I think it was a no-charge option. If I remember correctly you had your choice. Tapatalk via iPhone 5s

I forgot what the diff ratio codes are but they're an easy search in google and then you can check your glove box to see which one you have.

Hopefully you have nothing less than a 3:42 because anything lower would be like removing the guts from your awesome engine. I'm knocking on wood that you don't have a 3:08!

Oh whoops sorry didnt see the Oklahoma postIs the 6.2 even available with the 3.08? It seems like it would be pointless

Its for the "eco-minded enthusiast"

I forgot what the diff ratio codes are but they're an easy search in google and then you can check your glove box to see which one you have.

Hopefully you have nothing less than a 3:42 because anything lower would be like removing the guts from your awesome engine. I'm knocking on wood that you don't have a 3:08!

What I said was that the 3.08 was on the printed "standard equipment" portion of the window sticker and I don't have it. It says under the OPTIONS AND PRICING section of the window sticker: "Options installed by the manufacturer (may replace may replace standard equipment shown". I "replaced" the 3.08 with the 3.42 when i ordered the truck.

Hey LTZTom!

Congrats on your new 2014 Chevy Silverado! Thanks for posting pictures, it's beautiful in red! I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your new vehicle! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns with your new vehicle!

Regards,

Andraya R.

GM Customer Care

It's PERFECT in every way. Probably won't be hearing from this super happy owner.

Archived