2015 F-150 Snowplow Prep Pkg

An earlier article from Fox I think it was said Ford was the only one with a plow prep package. Glad they fixed the in order info. If I get a reg cab GM as my next truck I want the plow pkg- a 30 amp ckt with factory switches would be a nice power source for some driving lights.

• 4 weeks later...

The only way Ford puts in the snowplow package is with a V-8 models. What does it say about their lower other engines? Can't handle it. Chevy Silverado puts the plowing package for the V-8 and V-6 for a long time. Is this new to Ford or due to the new Ford design for 2015?

I do wish that GM would put the prep package on the light duty extended cab trucks. I'd much rather plow my drive way than use my snow blower lol

I do wish that GM would put the prep package on the light duty extended cab trucks. I'd much rather plow my drive way than use my snow blower lol

Just do it. Your warranty can't be voided unless the dealer can prove the plow caused the damage.

The only way Ford puts in the snowplow package is with a V-8 models. What does it say about their lower other engines? Can't handle it. Chevy Silverado puts the plowing package for the V-8 and V-6 for a long time. Is this new to Ford or due to the new Ford design for 2015?

Just a rant. The Ford one is a switch that cancels out un-necessary electrical loads to run the plow. GM does not do this you can just put the plow on and run with it.

Just a rant. The Ford one is a switch that cancels out un-necessary electrical loads to run the plow. GM does not do this you can just put the plow on and run with it.

I noticed that part of the article too and wondered what Ford would claim as unnecessary. I hope for the owner's sake it isn't the blower motor for heat. :P

Archived