Any Issues with the 2013 6.6 Duramax GMC Denali

Hello,

I'm considering buying a 2013 GMC Denali Duramax 3500 SRW Truck that I found at a good price vs. waiting for the new 2015. Has anyone had any major issues with this year truck? Would your wait for the new 2015 or go with the 2013? I'm really not that concerned about the new body since the drivetrain is basically the same, and I can save some bucks buying the 2013 vs. 2015. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have a 14 and don't have any issues.theres no major issues with the platform. The platform has been around for a while.. They are a solid platform. I'm very happy with mine especially for the price I paid. Can't go wrong with the LML

I have a 14 and don't have any issues.theres no major issues with the platform. The platform has been around for a while.. They are a solid platform. I'm very happy with mine especially for the price I paid. Can't go wrong with the LML

Cool! Thanks for your reply

I've been very happy with my '13 2500hd. I was in the exact same boat as you and for me, although only having the truck for a month, I think I made the right decision for me. I'm in a Denali with a reasonable biweekly payment, how can it get any better?

good luck!

• Like 1

You can't go wrong with any Duramax 06+.... LML is choked out pretty bad with emissions crap but the upgraded frame and front end is pretty solid. As for the engine/tranny it is by far the smartest, smoothest running combo gm has released to date. The resale value is very strong with the LML and they are a proven platform. Almost 15 years of development behind it and it shows. The r&d behind that engine is simply amazing it really shines when you sit one while pulling a huge load...the Denali trim is beautiful I wish I had one lol

Thanks for the reply's. I went back to the dealer at 2:00 pm and the salesman said the truck sold with cash at 10:30 am. I guess it's going to be a 2015 or 2016 for me. I was so bummed I haven't been back to the dealer. Had my 09 fully detailed, installed a new set of Michelins, and the truck runs and drive great. So far I'm staying put, but who knows what the future holds. My truck is paid for, so I guess I'm in no hurry. We are finally getting some dealer inventory on the 2015 H/D's here in Central FL. All of the 4X4 Crew Cabs (2014) are sold out. Perhaps GM will do a 3-5K rebate on the new H/D's this summer.

Peace

chevyboy86 is correct LML is choked out pretty bad with emissions crap...

it is a stupid question, but i am gonna ask anyway.

am I allowed to remove all that emmissions junk - in Canada - atleast some of that ?

regen is killing my Diesel MPG

however this is truly a bad ass truck :thumbs:

am I allowed to remove all that emmissions junk - in Canada - atleast some of that ?

I've never been emissions tested in Alberta or Ontario. Even had cops compliment that it sounds nice with straight pipe while I'm pulled over lol

Just don't roll coal they town you'll be fine

The LML emissions controls are so terrible that the engine can only produce 765 lb ft of torque (105 lb ft more than LBZ trucks without DEF and DPF) and a measly 397 horsepower.

Emissions controls keep crap out of the air everyone has to breathe and is part of being a good citizen and a good person which I know is not considered very important by many people in this country. It is one of the very few places where there is equal treatment under the law and no favoritism for the elites running the country.

Why whine about it when the impact is negligible and using ultra low sulphur fuel minimizes engine oil contamination and keeps engines running longer which is why professional fleet managers have no complaints about the new fuel and DEF. They know better.

The LML emissions controls are so terrible that the engine can only produce 765 lb ft of torque (105 lb ft more than LBZ trucks without DEF and DPF) and a measly 397 horsepower.

Emissions controls keep crap out of the air everyone has to breathe and is part of being a good citizen and a good person which I know is not considered very important by many people in this country. It is one of the very few places where there is equal treatment under the law and no favoritism for the elites running the country.

Why whine about it when the impact is negligible and using ultra low sulphur fuel minimizes engine oil contamination and keeps engines running longer which is why professional fleet managers have no complaints about the new fuel and DEF. They know better.

Stock for stock the LML is still much more capable truck than lbz. And way quicker to boot.

I don't have a 13 but the biggest problem that I have with the 11 I own is keeping the smile off my face!!! When I pass some one and do the look over and I have that smile on they think that I am ragging them for some reason and then they seem to get all stupid and want to race or tailgate or cut me off but then I really start lol at them!! :jester:

I don't have a 13 but the biggest problem that I have with the 11 I own is keeping the smile off my face!!! When I pass some one and do the look over and I have that smile on they think that I am ragging them for some reason and then they seem to get all stupid and want to race or tailgate or cut me off but then I really start lol at them!! :jester:

Cool!

Thanks brother

The answer is not allowed in southern Ontario..... Emissions Test Required.

Hi Neighbour.

So far I like mine. Did have to invoke the warranty on the windshield. The original had "stars" in the glass. Thought I was seeing things until I took it to the dealer and the tech said he saw it too. GM warranted the replacement with a new factory windshield.

I've lowered the air pressure in the tires a bit to take some of the harshness out of the newly winter-holed roads. Plow drivers just drop the blades and let 'em ride the road. Macadamized country roads with shoulders don't hold up real well.

Power is great and mileage is BETTER than my Honda Ridgeline. I also do not get tailgated. Forgot how nice that feature was after selling my Powerstroke a few years ago.

3 blink signal indicator is nice. Have had it on other (european) cars for years. Couldn't understand why we didn't get it here until recently. Not that anyone uses a signal to change lanes.

My research led me to the Duramax after looking at all of them. I was a Ford guy and just couldn't do another Powerstroke. Dodge (RAM) were using the same system. I think the Cummins engine and Aisin Transmission are good but all I kept hearing about were people taking trucks back for "codes".

GM came up with the most novel and logical approach to regeneration with 9th Injector downstream into the exhaust.

This does not "heat up the engine" or wash the cylinders (and potentially "making oil" by filling the crank case). My understanding is that the "rumored" valve issue in the Powerstroke may come from their regeneration process which is crystalizing exhaust valves. They break and that's bad.

• Like 1