Check engine light and stabilitrak light on

So I had to run some errands the other day, started my truck up and bam check engine light, stabilitrak light on with no service message or anything. It started shaking pretty bad and I took it to the shop and it had misfired the #4 cylinder and lost compression. Truck does even have 7500 miles on it and they're tearing the motor apart. Anyone else had this happen?

was it wet out? i had this problem and it was because the spark plug wires and coil packs didn't have any dielectric grease in the connections from the factory. water got into a connection and caused misfires.

It had snowed over the weekend, but It hadn't been moved for 4-5 days because I had surgery n couldn't drive lol..they tried everything with it and said that the #4 cylinder still had no compression. It's been a few days since I took it in, so hopefully I get it back this week sometime.

I was skeptic when I took it in that they'd warranty it because that dealer likes to try n fight customers sometimes with service. I bought a 2009 American luxury coach edition there years back with a lift done by a authorized gm shop that wouldn't void the warranty n they tried to fight me then over suspension wear items that wore out on it.

GM will fight on you lifts because that is not the way they sent the truck out. Suspension issues on trucks with lifts are covered under the lift companies warranty (if they have/offer one).

The service dept at the dealership where I bought the truck tried to fight it until they were notified it was purchased there. I called today about my 14' and the lifter failed on the motor, should have it back tomorrow or Wednesday but I'm def gonna pay close attention, pathetic that you buy a 45,000 dollar vehicle n it s$it's itself before the first oil change.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like this is a pretty common thing with these 5.3 V8 trucks. Mine did this exact same thing just lastnight. I just bought the truck a month ago with only 36k miles. 2014 LT. Luckily I have a back up vehicle to drive cause it sounds like dog crap! It threw code PO300 which is a misfire of course. But I've been reading that most common cylinder is the 7 with a stuck lifter. Hopefully its covered under the powertrain warranty the truck still has and I'm not out of pocket!!!! Not very happy at all!!

• 2 weeks later...

2018 gmc 1500 max trailer package 6.0 L.  4800 kms.  engine light, stab light, oil pressure spiked and rattled like there were two cummins riding in the box.  engine light flashing.  taking to dealer tomorrow.  not impressed.  shifts like crap too.  always clunking and bucking.  they say is has to "learn".  So far its a slow learner.  Ran gm's for 25yrs.  probably 30 trucks. never had an issue with any of them.  Hope this isn't a sign of things to come...??

Had this happen while on vacation driving through the Rockies. Thought I fried the tranny as I was hauling balls to get to our campsite before dark. Turns out it was just a plug wire that had come loose. :dunno:

Hope you get good news like that!