Dash speakers

9 minutes ago, Marv88 said:

What I found lacking the most in my stock dash speakers was no top end and the Bose in my buddies truck wasn't much better than the non Bose in that aspect IMO. I originally experimented with just replacing the dash speakers with tweeters and a passive crossover from a set of components I had with the stock 6x9. Not ideal to use a crossover that wasn't designed for the specific speaker but it sounded much better IMO and in any case my personal choice was to replace everything but it all depends on what you want to get out of the upgrade.

Might look around before I start doing tearing shit apart

• 1 year later...
On 11/14/2015 at 11:43 AM, shiro said:

I've been slowly doing my own system upgade and taking pictures along the way. I hope to creat a nice build list once I am finished. But to answer your question(s)... I know for the bose setup these are the speakers sizes:

Front Dash: 2.5" @ 3.2ohms (with bracket is about 2 3/4")

Front Door: 6x9" woofer @ 2ohms (bose)

Back Door: 5.25" spearker @ 3.5ohms (bose)

Subwoofer: 5.25" @ 1ohm (bose with bucket seats)

To remove the dash speakers you will need to remove the pillar covers/trim first on both sized. The passenger side will have two bolts for the "oh sh1t" handle. Then you can pry up the speaker grill. It is one piece going from both sides (connecting both speaker grills). Be sure to be mindful of the sensor for your automatic lights. the cable is short and if you forget you can break the connector for the wires.

Very informative thank u I couldn't find anything anywhere on this subject