King Coilover Shocks Installed

Got my coilovers installed yesterday. Got around 2 inches of lift in the front and was told could get around an inch more if I want. We also did Camburg UCA's but had to take them off because they wont work with the factory wheels. Now I am wheel/tire shopping. Mine are for sale if anyone is interested. See the ad in the sale forum.

post-126512-0-55803700-1400171250_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

That's some handful of pocket change for the Kings. I looked into them, but I'm just an old guy with a couple dogs toolin down trails to go hunt some birds.

What is your opion of the kings? Im really trying to talk myself out of buying a set lol

Love them! I wanted to level the truck but did not want a leveling kit. Its an expensive way to do it but you also get a performance upgrade. If you replace the stock UCA's (Camburg, Mazulla, etc) you get more down travel as well. No more "bottoming out" the front shocks.

How's the ride on the street and what pound springs?

They are progressive so soft while going slow and stiffen up at speed. Icons are digressive so they are oposit of the kings

I'm torn between kings and icons... Just like I was when I had my tacoma

Edited by Full Lock

I have always wanted to try the King's out but have not had the opportunity. I am torn between them and the Camburg's (SAW's) for a custom set when my factory struts crap out. I had the Camburg's on my 13 and they were amazing.

How's the ride on the street and what pound springs?

They are progressive so soft while going slow and stiffen up at speed. Icons are digressive so they are oposit of the kings

I'm torn between kings and icons... Just like I was when I had my Tacoma

Everyday street/highway ride seems the same to me. Where they shine is the rough stuff. You wont catch yourself slowing down to gain control on those washboard gravel roads. You know the ones that shake the whole truck? I took some speed bumps the other day to test them out a bit. I didn't get that bottoming out thud that you get on the downside of the bump. 700lb springs. With new UCA's (I went with Camburg) the travel goes from 6.5 inches to 10.5 inches. A vast improvement in performance and 3"s of lift to boot. Love your truck! Looks killer.

Edited by crthrs

Nice... damn it seems like I'm right back to where i was with my taco deciding between icon and king ha. I def wanna get something for these dirt roads cause some are very washboarded in spots and I don't like slowing down ha.

Thanks man, I got more coming for it

I'm trying to decide between these and the fox resis. Why did u go kings instead?

Sent from Tapashit

I'm not sure if I would ever be able to tell the difference. I went with King because I heard they have better customer service. Kind of like a Chevy/Ford deal. You could argue all day long about it.

I'm not sure if I would ever be able to tell the difference. I went with King because I heard they have better customer service. Kind of like a Chevy/Ford deal. You could argue all day long about it.

I hear ya on that.. Lol probly the same thing, just name brand preference. Glad to here these are worth the coin. I'm buying a set soon, just haven't decided which yet.

Sent from my ****in iPad

• 3 months later...