1987 Silverado project

Hey guys, I recently picked up a decent project truck. A single cab long bed k10 with a 350 and automatic transmission. As of right now, its not pretty. Its got the rust and everything you'd expect. My plans are to restore it, and customize it for me. Now, im a 17 year old high school student, so the build will not be quick, but it's gonna happen. I'm gonna start putting pictures up tomorrow, and give more detailed plans. Hire

Hope y'all enjoy!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you.

Now, I know there's a lot of work to be done, but I wanna start planning ahead.I would like to replace the intake manifold, carb, and things of that nature. Id like to get some more power out of it, but not wanting to break the bank, and wanting to use it as a daily driver. Im a 17 year old working at Winn-Dixie and going to highschool. Haha. What would yall suggest for these?

Should be a fun project! My first vehicle was a 1987 black K10 long bed. It was an all original, one owner, with 80k miles when I bought it. Over the 6 years I owned it, I added all kinds of things like dual exhaust, 6" lift, 35's, new heads, new rear end, tool box, window tint, stereo, etc. I loved that truck, but constant repairs and 10 mpg wasn't the best for a broke college student, haha. Even though that thing nickle and dimed me to death....I still wish I never would have sold it. I'll have another one of those trucks some day. Good luck with the build. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress, it brings back memories! :thumbs:

Probably the best place to start is a good basic tune up.Cap,rotor,plugs,etc.Maybe a compression check.Autozone is a good place to rent the tools you don't have,they require a deposit then when you return the tool they return your deposit.

Should be a fun project! My first vehicle was a 1987 black K10 long bed. It was an all original, one owner, with 80k miles when I bought it. Over the 6 years I owned it, I added all kinds of things like dual exhaust, 6" lift, 35's, new heads, new rear end, tool box, window tint, stereo, etc. I loved that truck, but constant repairs and 10 mpg wasn't the best for a broke college student, haha. Even though that thing nickle and dimed me to death....I still wish I never would have sold it. I'll have another one of those trucks some day. Good luck with the build. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress, it brings back memories! :thumbs:

I plan on eventually doing a 4 inch lift and 35s. Mine will end up a lot like the way you described yours actually.

There's a way to find out if you want to know.

How do I do that? I'm curious now.

Probably the best place to start is a good basic tune up.Cap,rotor,plugs,etc.Maybe a compression check.Autozone is a good place to rent the tools you don't have,they require a deposit then when you return the tool they return your deposit.

Yes sir. I'm going to do the tune up as soon as possible. Hopefully next Tuesday when I get paid again.

I plan on eventually doing a 4 inch lift and 35s. Mine will end up a lot like the way you described yours actually.

How do I do that? I'm curious now.

There should be a stamped series of numbers on the engine block just in front of the passenger side head.The alternator or A/C compressor might be in the way so it might be hard to see,but it should be there.

endinedetail1.jpg

Archived