1987 Silverado project

Shes running like a champ. Next on the agenda, fix my exhaust leak. Looks like the plate is bent on the manifold where it bolts up to the exhaust pipe. Gonna get a new manifold fairly soon. Need to get it done before it gets colder and I run the risk of burning up a valve.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an old '76 Chevy pickup that I've been working to restore for several years know. I can't say it's professional looking but I did the rattle can to on the fenders, hood, top of cab and rear bumper. It turned out alright so far. My current truck will need a paint job eventually and I plan to probably try it myself with some actual paint equipment. Unfortunately I can't view your pics until I get home from work today, but the 73-87 GM trucks are my favorite body style...except the 1980 with old style fender and the square headlights...looks a little goofy to me. Good luck with your project!

Alright guys, I have to start thinking a bit logically. I know these are great trucks, but this is an 87 with who knows how many miles. I think before I go bigger tires and higher performance, I should rebuild the transmission. Already checked the VIN. Looks like its got the original 87 transmission. Its not slipping or anything, but its shifting hard into 2nd, and doesn't always like to drop into the passing gear. Im thinking about getting one of the monster in a box rebuild kits. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived