Lowering a 2015 Denali XL?

Has anyone lowered their 2015 Denali XL 4x4? I think it would look better if the back was dropped 3-4" and the front 2-3" but I'm not sure how that would affect the magnetic ride system in the Denali's. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has done it?

Edited by carz24

• 4 years later...

Thought I'd follow up with another question, over 4 years later :P.  I've been looking for kits out there, and some say 2WD only.  I found this one today, which says 4WD & Magnaride.  McGaughys - lowering kit 34208.  I've got a 2018 Tahoe RST 4WD PP, and I'd love to lower it for a better stance.

Thoughts on this one?

39 minutes ago, Dearmosd said:

lots of reviews on another forum https://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=58 as soon as I refill my fun funds I will be going this route

Not bad.  I'm going to stick with the autoride shocks, provided the kit comes with the links so the system will still work.  I'm guessing the auto-level will still work with the new drop springs in the rear.  Like not having the rear sag if it's loaded with luggage for a trip.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a '15 Yukon XL Denali and I've lowered mine just slightly 1.5" Front/2.75" Rear with this kit here: https://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=609

Retains magnetic ride control and rides exactly like stock, with a bit less lean in turns due to lower center of gravity.  Kit is super complete with instructions and everything you need.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't take any before pics but here are a few pics of mine:

SVslYg1.jpg

707aaDI.jpg

2zzWg8E.jpg

2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali lowered on Norcal Goodies: Belltech front drop spindles, Norcal Rear 1-4.5 Adjustable kit with Endlink/Bumpstop option and Rear Free Travel Mod

Truck is sitting right at 34-1/4" Front Ground to Fender Lip and 34-7/8" Rear Ground To Fender Lip on 285/45/22's. Just a little over 1/2" rake.

Very pleased with how everything turned out.

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Dearmosd said:

I guess I forgot to report back. This was my outcome. I cut the front air damn to regain a couple inches after lowering

20190609_155323.jpg

Looks great!  RST Suburban. :thumbs:   What kit?  Did you install yourself?

I used https://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=609 and I did install myself. Wasnt hard at all. Just went slow on the front. Overall pleased. I was worried about being too low but I dont feel its near my "too low" status and I can clear everything so far and havent towed yet but dont see an issue since I felt with my utility trailer the angle was too high anyways. Again I trimmed the front air damn to avoid any curbs and parking bump stops

Inked20190616_143353_LI.thumb.jpg.6c5f7329ca75a6319a9ff05828b2f4f8.jpg

• 5 months later...