rdnckhntr94's 2014 Silverado High Country Build

LongrangeLauber

Just went through your whole build man. Since I had the time, haha. I really like your truck man, looks good! Sorry about your bad luck on the wreck & stuff. I really do miss having a Chevy truck. Especially with all the knowledge that I gained from here & know some of the people on here. I like my Tundra, but its just too bulky & once I comeback to a Chevy, I'm gonna try to get a 6.2L truck either in the LTZ or High Country. Really been liking the High Countrys as of late.

Apparently the brown interior is an acquired taste, a lot of people don't like it but I love it. Has that rugged outdoorsy field.

I just realized I could have done a lot more to the truck if I hadn't bought so many guns this year haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Apparently the brown interior is an acquired taste, a lot of people don't like it but I love it. Has that rugged outdoorsy field.

I just realized I could have done a lot more to the truck if I hadn't bought so many guns this year haha

Can never have enough protection though.

• Like 1

Can never have enough protection though.

Modifying my other truck was an addiction, I was always broke haha.

Now that I have a nice new truck I've taken it slow on modifications so I invested my addiction elsewhere. Just, elsewhere is also just as expensive and I'm as broke as ever [emoji23] [emoji23]

I will say though it's a lot healthier than becoming a druggie or alcoholic like other people's addictions

Edited by rdnckhntr94
  • Like 3

Modifying my other truck was an addiction, I was always broke haha.

Now that I have a nice new truck I've taken it slow on modifications so I invested my addiction elsewhere. Just, elsewhere is also just as expensive and I'm as broke as ever [emoji23] [emoji23]

I will say though it's a lot healthier than becoming a druggie or alcoholic like other people's addictions

Haha! That's what I always say too.

Truck got an oil change yesterday and emptied the catch can, it was full of moisture. That thing was disgusting.

Also, last oil change I filled my coolant up a little bit because it was low. This oil change it is over half a gallon low, so definitely leaking or burning off somewhere. Time to take it back to the dealership and make use of my extended warranty. Dad also said he can smell it periodically when he gets out on the passenger side, it seems to be a common issue with the early built k2 trucks.

Guess I'll be looking at Dmax's while I'm there, doesn't hurt to look, right?? [emoji28]

• Like 1

Truck got an oil change yesterday and emptied the catch can, it was full of moisture. That thing was disgusting.

Also, last oil change I filled my coolant up a little bit because it was low. This oil change it is over half a gallon low, so definitely leaking or burning off somewhere. Time to take it back to the dealership and make use of my extended warranty. Dad also said he can smell it periodically when he gets out on the passenger side, it seems to be a common issue with the early built k2 trucks.

Guess I'll be looking at Dmax's while I'm there, doesn't hurt to look, right?? [emoji28]

The older Cruze gassers, like mine, have a coolant issue too. Edited by Daryl Z71

Any fix for them or just kind of live with it type of BS?

Mostly just live with it. They extended the warranty on the water pumps to 10 years or 150k miles, and that includes topping off the coolant if it needs it when the car goes in to the dealer. Mine usually needs topped off like once every six months, and even then the level isn't down very much. Edited by Daryl Z71

Mostly just live with it. They extended the warranty on the water pumps to 10 years or 150k miles, and that includes topping off the coolant if it needs it when the car goes in to the dealer. Mine usually needs topped off like once every six months, and even then the level isn't down very much.

Half a gallon in less than 3 months is pretty significant I'd say [emoji23] [emoji23]

Calling my service writer back tomorrow, missed his call earlier. Super nice guy and seems like he actually wants to help in any way possible, I'd only other people could understand customer service like that

• Like 1

Thinking about assembling a ram mount to mount an iPad mini 4 on and make it accessible while driving for song streaming and movies for passengers and such. The mount is universal so I can transfer it to another vehicle when I trade it in. Should be relatively inexpensive, except for the part that I don't own an iPad mini 4, yet...

Half a gallon in less than 3 months is pretty significant I'd say [emoji23] [emoji23]

Calling my service writer back tomorrow, missed his call earlier. Super nice guy and seems like he actually wants to help in any way possible, I'd only other people could understand customer service like that

Yea that is a little excessive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How have you felt about the 275/60 KO2's since you've had them quite awhile. Appearance wise, as I have heard (almost) nothing but good things about their performance. I've seen many people saying that they look thin and that KO2's seem to run small? I'm personally torn between the 275/60 and the 305/55 for my 20in +15 offset wheels. I'm leaning more toward the 305/55 currently just because of the added width, but that's also going to be a lot of unsprung weight as the tires are ~61lbs each compared to my current ~45lbs tires.

How have you felt about the 275/60 KO2's since you've had them quite awhile. Appearance wise, as I have heard (almost) nothing but good things about their performance. I've seen many people saying that they look thin and that KO2's seem to run small? I'm personally torn between the 275/60 and the 305/55 for my 20in +15 offset wheels. I'm leaning more toward the 305/55 currently just because of the added width, but that's also going to be a lot of unsprung weight as the tires are ~61lbs each compared to my current ~45lbs tires.

With my 2" level they rub at full lock every once in a while. They make the truck look way better than the factory Goodyears, better traction as well too. Road noise is minimal for any all terrain tire I've ever owned (even quieter than the KO1 all terrains) they wear very good too, almost 30k miles on them and they are about half worn. Only downside is the load range D rating making the ride a little stiffer than the other tires, but you only feel it when you hit a bump in the road. The other tires I could feel the road these absorb it much better

With my 2" level they rub at full lock every once in a while. They make the truck look way better than the factory Goodyears, better traction as well too. Road noise is minimal for any all terrain tire I've ever owned (even quieter than the KO1 all terrains) they wear very good too, almost 30k miles on them and they are about half worn. Only downside is the load range D rating making the ride a little stiffer than the other tires, but you only feel it when you hit a bump in the road. The other tires I could feel the road these absorb it much better

Do you ever wish they were a bit wider? Like, do they "appear" to be true 275s, or do you feel like they look a bit thin perhaps?

• 4 weeks later...

Got tires rebalanced today after work. Said he put the weight in "pretty much" the same spots. As of driving home it definitely feels smoother, maybe that's just in my mind. Didn't have to pay for the balance as it was covered under the tire warranty I purchased. Over 30k miles on the original 2 tires (other 2 replaced when I got in my accident) and have nothing but good things to say about these KO2's, the originals are about half worn, not bad for the towing I do