rdnckhntr94's 2014 Silverado High Country Build

LongrangeLauber

Looks amazing dude! I just got new wheels haha. Got my Method NV instead. I didn't like the way the Mayhems looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks amazing dude! I just got new wheels haha. Got my Method NV instead. I didn't like the way the Mayhems looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't really know what I want to do with this truck just yet. Idk if I'm gonna put wheels on it or not. I've always wanted an older duramax (06-07, LBZ motor) that I would mod and such but not sure if I wanna have another vehicle payment right now lol so wheels for this truck are still on my mind

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Truck is looking great man. How is the paint holding up thus far? Better than factory I hope.

I've only had it back a month or so, but yeah it's holding up great! I've had to put it back in the shop for a few things the adjuster missed (they weren't noticeable until you drove it; bent axle flange, wheel bent) hope to be getting it back soon and in perfect working order! I have a few mods lined up for it once I get it back again!

I've only had it back a month or so, but yeah it's holding up great! I've had to put it back in the shop for a few things the adjuster missed (they weren't noticeable until you drove it; bent axle flange, wheel bent) hope to be getting it back soon and in perfect working order! I have a few mods lined up for it once I get it back again!

Well hopefully thats sorted out quick. It's looking great so far. I'm gonna do those step lights soon I think. Great idea.

• Like 1

Well hopefully thats sorted out quick. It's looking great so far. I'm gonna do those step lights soon I think. Great idea.

I got them off Oznium.com they are called LED bolts, I got the largest size they had for the no lense cool white like, I believe it's like 18mm or so. They are fast too, great customer service. And to pull off the steps just look at the instructions for installing the Anzo bumper step lights

Need everyone's opinion, even if they are negative lol. So I'm looking at either aftermarket replicas or aftermarket with a little more offset than stock. Im stuck between 3 wheels. As you'll see, I don't like anything too busy, just something simple and clean. Here are my choices

Sierra All Terrain replicas; I would stick with a 20" wheel and just use my current tires. This is one of two cheaper options

sierrareps.jpg

Dick Cepek DC-2; can't find a pic of them on a k2 truck, but if I went with these I would most likely go to an 18" wheel and have to purchase new tires, etc etc. This would be my most costly option but with a -13mm I think it would set the truck apart, besides the fact that a good bit of jeeps have them from what I see lol

dc2.jpg

And last but not least would be Dick Cepek Gunmetal 7's. If I went with these I think they actually look good in my factory 20" and I could reuse my current tires. These have a good offset at +13mm, so it wouldn't stick the tire out past the fender, but close to flush I believe. I have really grown towards them and I can get them to my door for under $900, a tad more than the Sierra reps, by maybe $80 or so

gunmetal7.jpg

gunmetal7-1.jpg

gunmetal7-2.jpg

In my mind, comparing cost and looks, I think the Gunmetal 7's take the cake. On a black truck I think they look good. I also have always loved the Sierra All Terrain wheels, and those I wouldn't have to worry about any rubbing (don't think the Gunmetal 7 wheels would rub, but the DC-2 wheels with a 33" tire and a -13mm offset may rub on a 2" level). Anyways, y'all shoot your opinions my way!!

sierrareps.jpg

dc2.jpg

gunmetal7.jpg

gunmetal7-1.jpg

gunmetal7-2.jpg

sierrareps.jpg

dc2.jpg

gunmetal7.jpg

gunmetal7-1.jpg

gunmetal7-2.jpg

sierrareps.jpg

dc2.jpg

gunmetal7.jpg

gunmetal7-1.jpg

gunmetal7-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't realize I haven't updated the thread in a while. Well I got the wheels put on a few months back

a0822e489d9da2f54b671dcc5a6ccdd8.jpg

Besides that not much has happened besides maintenance. I did put my running boards back on yesterday afternoon though

e65efb1f17159d73e7322d011d8bbb2d.jpg

Also loosened the helper springs to help with the ride. Surprisingly it feels worse in my opinion so I think I'm gonna tighten them back down

Really need to service the drivetrain and diffs before it gets too cold outside, I'm pretty much at 50k since I've done them

Edited by rdnckhntr94

• 4 weeks later...

Just went through your whole build man. Since I had the time, haha. I really like your truck man, looks good! Sorry about your bad luck on the wreck & stuff. I really do miss having a Chevy truck. Especially with all the knowledge that I gained from here & know some of the people on here. I like my Tundra, but its just too bulky & once I comeback to a Chevy, I'm gonna try to get a 6.2L truck either in the LTZ or High Country. Really been liking the High Countrys as of late.

• Like 1