Am i getting a good deal?

nick956

Hey guys so I recently located a 2004 chevy Express Van explorer limited edition. There asking 7,000 but willing to deal at 6,200. The van is damn good shape. No rust, leather tears everything works. Runs smooth but may need shocks cause it felt springy on the highway.

It has 121,000 miles is the low top style with all the fairings on side and even has a front towing hitch like to connect to an RV. So im guessing it was an older couples van. If y'all can tell ne if it sounds good or tell me anythibg u should look at before. That would be much appreciated. Also I looked at the engine and doesnt have oil leaks like most 5.3L vortec engine do.

That I know of probably nothing but I will ask. Also its a a buy cash place and probably dont have records. Its not at a certified pre own dealer either. But I really like the van . And I will ask for records and see if anything has been changed

Well look at this, the van has a pto meaning that when engaged the van is freewheeling without rngine running and just rear wheels spinning but no driveshaft movement. Which is all making sense with the front towing hooks. Also I did buy it after all for $ 6,000 flat with 532 going to tax ,title and license. Also we've already put about 200 miles with no problems at all.

• 11 months later...

Thats really something. With a manual trans you can tow all day in neutral, auto trans will burn up. Youd have to unbolt driveshaft. So that pto is quite clever.

That thing is like an rv on the inside as is! So some rich folk mustof used something the size of a bus to tow that bus so when the rv is parked, oh my! Usually the cozy vans are hightops, i prefer the lowtops. Looks way nice. I ordered mine with a 8 way power seat, and i have recently insulated it and paneled it from top to bottom, so its more cadillac-ish, but damn that thing looks like a pillow!

Archived