Will GM EVER offer 20% off the 2500HD ?

Seems like they're doing that because they're not selling as many of the 3/4 or 1 tons like they are 1500s. Part of that is probably because the 1500s are as close to performing like the HDs than they've ever been so more people only need a 1/2 ton in the new K2s. At least where I am I'm seeing more and more of the 1500s, almost everywhere I turn there's a K2 1500. But rarely have I seen a K2 HD, again at least around my area. Hell I certainly don't need an HD but until the K2s I would have gotten a 2500 crew cab gasser just so I can have a crew cab and keep the standard 6 1/2' bed. But then they're offering crew cab with standard bed on the 1500s now. If I ever get the gears in mine swapped for 3.73s then I'll be able to get my 5.3 to easily town just under 12,000 lbs and I didn't think I would ever have a 1/2 ton capable of towing that much.

Was checking some fuel futures stuff online a while ago also. I driver commercially, so fuel pricing is major deal for me. Looks like fuel futures are on the rise for a while, but they think they will still be lower than a year ago. Could be that GM is watching this stuff also. They know that when fuel prices go up, truck sales slack off. They might be trying to move the stuff now before they get stuck with lots full of 2500's they can't give away.

True, the engine capabilities, gasser, are moving in favor of the 1500's, but one will still not be able to hook up a serious 5th wheel or gooseneck trailer to a 1500 comfortably without going over GCRW. Guess it all depends on one's needs. And you are not going to find 4.10 ratios in a 1500 anymore. Not that many need it, but given the area I run, right now with my 1500 with 3.42, I rarely ever even use top gear. Shifts too much for the hilly two lane highways I run. So I just manually leave it is 5th. At least with 4.10, I can use all the gears comfortably. Heck, I don't even hit a freeway or Interstate but only a couple of times a month!

Fwiw, starting in Mid October or so, all our local dealers have 1500s lined up, with "$12,000 off" in big, Orange lettering, on the windshields.

Seen 2500s showing $10,000 off.

Its followed this pattern for years now.

Right now they are offering LT, ex cab 4.3 Silverados for $22,9.

If you didnt have much/nothing to pull, thats a lot of vehicle for the $

Archived