14 sierra 6.2 oil pan damage???

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it isn't leaking and the plug comes out and goes in fine, leave it be. The would be no measurable loss of oil volume from that lil ol dent. I've had much much larger dents. That dent isn't anywhere near restricting the pickup.

Ya buckwild even my buddy said they make things 10 times worst than they really are..i agree on 4 hrs labor i really didnt understand it but didnt question it because there is no way i am getting it done there

I was wondering the same thing but how can i ever prove that..i definitely didnt whack anything personally

I was wondering the same thing but how can i ever prove that..i definitely didnt whack anything personally

Its dented right by drain plug.they quoted me almost $700..to me it looks ok,but am i crazy risking it??

Service advisor said 4 hrs labor..my buddy that works at dealer but wasnt present because hes on vacation said i should be fine because oil pump is in total different locationvand i texted him pic and he said as long as drain plug came out and went back without issue no worries. .i hope its ok because im not shelling out $700 on a brand new truck

$700? The lower pan (the dented black bit) as long as there is no damage to the upper pan section is $50. The frame crossmember right underneath it has to come out which is 4 bolts. Thats it. Sounds like they quoted you both the upper and lower pan which to do the upper part you have to pull the front diff, starter, that crossmember and the steering gear.

Good to know newdude..ya im sure they wanted to charge me for both..the only damage i was told was the bump by the bolt.

I would ask if your getting dinner and a movie with that, cuz it certainly sounds like your getting f**ked.

Archived