2015 Yukon - Really Hard Idle

It's funny to see how GM Customer Care is nowhere to be found on this issue.

I think this could have the potential to be as much of an issue as the buffeting fiasco.

For reference, We have a 2015 suburban and it has this idle issue.

My Father in law has a 15 escalde and has the idle issue.

Good thing the suburban is my wife car and she doesnt't notice, my Lexus has none of these issues :)

Edited by azcreeker

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Try using premium fuel (around here it's 91 octane) from a top tier station (I use Shell or Chevron). I had a similar problem of rough idle at stoplights and after 4-5 tanks of premium fuel the problem was 90% gone and I have continued to use premium. Previously I was using regular from Safeway fuel and the shaking was really rough at times. 

Edited by markitzero
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have a 2016 Yukon XL with 40,000 miles and it started idling rough while at a red light. It’s worse on hot days. Living in the south... it never stops. It does not idle rough in park. It runs about 400rpm idling in drive. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve had my 15 Yukon XL for 3 and a half years now, noticed it the first day driving it from the dealer. I’ve done every single thing mentioned above, problem still there. It has to be a software problem. I’m already on my second engine. (changed first one at 238k Collapsed Lifters.. yes, yes, I know, 238k in 3 years, Limo Guy!) After   the new one, thought problem would go away, but stubbornly to my surprise,  was still there!! 

This on top of 3 trans/converter, 2 AC condensers and a rack and pinion failures. 

Really frustrated with the car. Had a Navigator prior to this one, went 380k on same engine/Tranny.  

Hope the newer models, 17/18 have some of this issues fixed.

• 1 year later...
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:02 AM, Riklimoguy said:

I’ve had my 15 Yukon XL for 3 and a half years now, noticed it the first day driving it from the dealer. I’ve done every single thing mentioned above, problem still there. It has to be a software problem. I’m already on my second engine. (changed first one at 238k Collapsed Lifters.. yes, yes, I know, 238k in 3 years, Limo Guy!) After   the new one, thought problem would go away, but stubbornly to my surprise,  was still there!! 

This on top of 3 trans/converter, 2 AC condensers and a rack and pinion failures. 

Really frustrated with the car. Had a Navigator prior to this one, went 380k on same engine/Tranny.  

Hope the newer models, 17/18 have some of this issues fixed.

Nope. My 2018 Tahoe does the same thing. Dealer replaced engine mounts. Although it help some its still there while in drive stopped. So I ordered a tuner, raised the idle while in drive 100 RPM and problem solved. Months and months of research and dealer trips and the easiest outcome was to raise the idle. Why cant GM do it? Soo frustrating...

7 hours ago, Bob2C said:

Nope. My 2018 Tahoe does the same thing. Dealer replaced engine mounts. Although it help some its still there while in drive stopped. So I ordered a tuner, raised the idle while in drive 100 RPM and problem solved. Months and months of research and dealer trips and the easiest outcome was to raise the idle. Why cant GM do it? Soo frustrating...

Ha! Amazing! That is truly crazy to think that 100 RPM rise would solve the issue/issues. Cause lemme tell you, I’m on my 2019 Yukon now, and guess what? It still idles pretty rough!! ?

Indeed, tremendously frustrating to say the least. 
One thing I did, was hook a Range Technology devise. So no more active fuel management BS.
Truck stays constantly on V8 mode. (Surprisingly not a huge drop on MPG) Hopefully will help with the collapsed lifter/s issue!! 
Really curious how the 2021 models will behave. 

?

Best of luck. 
Rik.  

Ha! Amazing! That is truly crazy to think that 100 RPM rise would solve the issue/issues. Cause lemme tell you, I’m on my 2019 Yukon now, and guess what? It still idles pretty rough!! [emoji51]
Indeed, tremendously frustrating to say the least. 
One thing I did, was hook a Range Technology devise. So no more active fuel management BS.
Truck stays constantly on V8 mode. (Surprisingly not a huge drop on MPG) Hopefully will help with the collapsed lifter/s issue!! 
Really curious how the 2021 models will behave. 
[emoji1696]
Best of luck. 
Rik.  

I disabled the AFM through the tuner as well. I just modified the stock tunes 2 parameters. These engines just idle too low I believe. It drove me crazy for months. As for the 2021s, I’ll wait until 2nd or 3rd year. Maybe....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk