Mud flaps?

I've got a 2014 Sierra 1500 and put the molded oem ones. They look good but, driving through some deep stuff this winter I did put a small crease in one of 'em.

Unless you get some universal, extra long mud flaps for the rear they probably won't protect the tt very well. I had a set of WeatherTech on our '10-1500, and while they protected the truck paint behind the rear tire, the debris would hit anything from about the bumper back. Fronts did great along with the step bars I had, (Ionic Step Bars).

To protect the tt you may need to go to a hitch ( or bumper) mounted set up. I plan on making a hitch mounted set myself to keep some of the slop off the snowmobile trailer, just haven't gotten to it yet! Oh well... maybe before next season! Lol

Ugh, I can't recall the brand I use. Made by a small outfit in WA and they're foot wide; available in longer lengths than stock. Mine are the extra long with 2" extra in length. They are also available in 14" width.

I see a lot of these on PUs here in Alaska. Makes sense given the amount of remote gravel roads which happen to take RV'er's and pull campers into some of the most beautiful and scenic places you can image. From most I've seen they mount using as a short extension to the 2" receiver so they are easy- on / easy-off.

I have the OE accessory molded splash guards which are good for protecting the truck but I suspect they won't do to a lot in terms the protecting what your towing given that the rear wheels will still project debris behind the vehicle.

post-128133-0-48810700-1426381748_thumb.jpg

The Weathertech ones are no-drill and look nice.

I agree they look lice, but after driving down a muddy road the other day, i really do question there usefulness. Stones maybe, mud not so much, i got mud lines from the rockers up to the Silverado logo. The only clean spots are from my pant legs.

WeatherTech1

WeatherTech2

Archived