What fuse for temp and comp in rear view mirror

Trying to track down why everything on my 2000 z71 works besides the temp and compass on the rear view mirror. Starting with the basic which is fuses. Anyone know what fuse this connects to? I've searched all through the manual but can't find anything.

Not sure about yours, but there is a power button on my 08 mirror that switches the compass/temp display on and off. Since we're starting with basics, figured I'd throw that out there.

I'd also say, check the plug on the back on the mirror. My previous truck was giving me same kind of trouble after a windshield replacement. It turned out the installers didn't fully install/seat the plug, it was cocked on an angle so it "felt" tight. Once I unplugged it and then fully plugged it back it, never had trouble again. It's an idea.

Cool thanks guys I'll check out the plug. And idk about any power button on mine I believe I just push the comp or temp button and that should turn it on. Least that's what the manual is saying. Wish I could figure out what fuse it was.

• 4 years later...

I have a 03 GMC Sierra  and the mirror that has temperatures and compass in it worked when I first got the truck. The screen on the right side corner of the mirror is blank. I bought a used mirror off of ebay and I worked fine for a few months. Now I have nothing. I have a friend that is good at fixing electronics boards. He said that everthing looks fine with both mirrors. I just recently changed the ambient air temperature sensor behind the grill and still will not work. Does everyone have any ideas what I can check out to get it to work again. I don't know to get a other used mirror or forget about it. I would like for it to work. Thanks for anybody help.

I have a 03 GMC Sierra  and the mirror that has temperatures and compass in it worked when I first got the truck. The screen on the right side corner of the mirror is blank. I bought a used mirror off of ebay and I worked fine for a few months. Now I have nothing. I have a friend that is good at fixing electronics boards. He said that everthing looks fine with both mirrors. I just recently changed the ambient air temperature sensor behind the grill and still will not work. Does everyone have any ideas what I can check out to get it to work again. I don't know to get a other used mirror or forget about it. I would like for it to work. Thanks for anybody help.

• 1 year later...

I haven’t heard you state the obvious is to turn on the mirror with the on/off switch that is on the left front next to the Onstar. I’m sure you’ve pushed it and just didn’t say you did.

I’m having a problem with my rear view mirror because it stays dimmed all the time. Any ideas for me to try?

• 1 month later...