14" vs 18" Magnaflow

I just had a 18" Magnaflow installed on my 14 Sierra and I do love the sound and it sounds great, but I think I'm looking for something a little louder. I want to stick with Magnaflow so the 14" is probably what I'd end up with, but would it be too loud? I love how the 18" sounds in the cab at cruising speeds. It's almost non-existent. When you get on it tho, you can hear it. AFM doesn't bother me too much. I usually drive around in M5 so keeps it in V8. Really want more noise outside the cab, but same noise level at cruising speeds. Any thoughts?

since you're driving around in M5 I will assume you have a stock tune. Before you waste more money on exhaust, do yourself a favor and buy you a blackbear, diablew, or stock canned tune. You'll be kicking yourself for wasting money on exhaust when what you really wanted was a great tune.

Well as it sits now, truck is more or less stock other than exhaust. Had flapper valve and resonator removed with the exhaust install. My last truck had a tune and I loved it. Miss it all the time. I'll get this one tuned at some point, but I want to get past the 36K mark first. Don't want to void the warranty too soon. I know about the whole MM Act. I just don't want to risk having engine problems early and it voids because of a tune.

So I pulled the trigger and swapped for the 14" today. This is the one I should've gone with in the beginning. I was hesitant because all of my trucks in the past were obnoxiously loud. The thing about these magnaflows is they are all about the same as far as sound quality and very little drone. 14" gave me the noise I want under power and the silence I want while cruising.

So I pulled the trigger and swapped for the 14" today. This is the one I should've gone with in the beginning. I was hesitant because all of my trucks in the past were obnoxiously loud. The thing about these magnaflows is they are all about the same as far as sound quality and very little drone. 14" gave me the noise I want under power and the silence I want while cruising.

I started with the 22" Magnaflow. After 3000 miles, I couldn't take peace and quiet anymore! :lol:

I put on the 14", removed rez and flapper. LOVE IT! Sounds like a muscle-truck now! :cheers:

Archived