2015 Yukon Denali will let you lock keys in the car?

When I play golf, I put my car keys in my golf bag and I sometimes forget they are in there when I put my clubs in the back of my car...

in my old 2007 BMW 335i, the car literally would not let you lock the keys in the car, but with the GMC Yukon Denali, it will. Luckily I have been able to unlock it with the OnStar app on my phone, but it is my understanding that they disable that feature after X number of years if you don't subscribe.

Its pretty frustrating that this feature was on a $45k 2007 BMW but not on a 2015 $70k GMC.

It'll let you lock the keys in the car, but the Onstar App will remain free and working after your initial Onstar Subscription expires.

My rule of thumb - lock the truck w/ the key fob only. :)

My truck is set to lock the doors 10 seconds after I get out, so I put the fob in the truck and waited about a minute. The doors didn't lock. I opened the door, left the fob on the seat and attempted to lock the door. The door kept unlocking before I could close the door. So there is no way I can lock my fob in the truck. I have a Tahoe, this is one of the added features on GM's lower model fullsize SUV, sorry GMC and Cadillac owners. :nonod:

All jokes aside, your programming must be off or your fob may need new batteries, all of the SUV's should be able to do it. BTW, the truck did lock with my fob on the seat but I needed the other fob to do that.

Archived