2015 Silverado No sounds

I cleaned off my dash with a microfiber cloth now my radio sound, door chimes, turn signal sound does not work? I tried turning vehicle off and back on letting my link reset. Anyone have a fix?

I cleaned off my dash with a microfiber cloth now my radio sound, door chimes, turn signal sound does not work? I tried turning vehicle off and back on letting my link reset. Anyone have a fix?

Very strange, but strange problems appear to be common on these trucks.

Edited by pm26

• 1 year later...

I don't know about dusting or not dusting the dash, but I started my truck this morning, and I have no sound. I don't know why there is an issue, but I would like the manufacturer to fix it, or provide some clear direction as to why it's happening, and how it can be avoided.

• 1 year later...

I too own a 2015 Chevy Silverado, and have started experiencing this behavior. This morning I had to go out to my truck at 2 a.m. to take a friend to the airport, and when I first turned it on, no audio at all. The turn signals do not even make a sound.  As of writing this, I have turned the truck completely off and back on multiple times and still have no audio.  I have the crew cab 1500 and just passed 50,000 miles. 

3 hours ago, Gabe Williams said:

I too own a 2015 Chevy Silverado, and have started experiencing this behavior. This morning I had to go out to my truck at 2 a.m. to take a friend to the airport, and when I first turned it on, no audio at all. The turn signals do not even make a sound.  As of writing this, I have turned the truck completely off and back on multiple times and still have no audio.  I have the crew cab 1500 and just passed 50,000 miles. 

I know this is not a permanent fix, but disconnect your battery cables for 10-15 min, then try again.

• 6 months later...

Another 2015 Sierra here; happens sporadically to me too. Like, REALLY sporadic. No more than 15 or 20 times in the last 2 years. This also seems to be a somewhat obscure issue, so I'm going to lay in a little extra detail here as a datapoint for community use if anyone else has this issue and manages to stumble across this thread.

The suspect truck gets driven year round in the mid-atlantic;  2-5 days/wk - 40mi commutes, errands runabout, weekend stuff, etc - usually. Currently the odometer's sitting at 36k miles. Overall, it's been a great truck; none of the issues that surround this thread on the forum. Moderately accessorized, but otherwise stock.

Speaking of the issue, you know your drive is going to get a dose of zen as soon as you hop in because there's no chime when keying the ignition, and like others here report, no synthetic noise whatsoever. All screens/gizmos seem to work normally. Settings still set.

The first few times, early on, cycling the ignition would somewhat reliably bring it back right away; later, I'd need to crack the door to cycle RAP too. A year-ish ago it started only coming back after driving a few minutes and then cycling the ignition. Lately it's been a stubborn bitch, so I just have to wait/drive it out and relax for a 40min commute to the soothing sounds of a smartphone and wind. 

Also seems to be happening more often. Specifically, twice in the past week which is why I'm sending up my flare in here.

I used to think it was thermally related as it seems to happen less in the summer, has never happened for more than an hour of so of driving [so far] and it's never happened after the truck had come up to temp in the prior hour or two (typical runabout usage, road trips, etc). But becoming more frequent and less responsive to digital crotch-kicks, instead make me think one of the computers is [slowly] failing.

It's annoying AF, and ironically not the worst thing if it continues to get worse because eventually it'll choke in front of someone with enough expensive parts on hand they can tell me what failed, and it can be replaced.

But, if it takes another 2 years to get to that point, my warranty is hosed and I'm out of pocket for whatever module of crap began its death on GM's dime. And on principle, that blows.

The rub is the truck has [historically] gone for long, seemingly random, periods of time never acting up - weeks/months - so this shameless thread resurrection is to pose the question:

Does anyone here have resolution on the posts above, or any ideas on how to get this problem in front of a service tech?

Thanks for the reply, Sean. The battery never occurred to me as the truck's never been slow to crank and all indicators are nominal, but it does fit with the symptoms in that I've never seen it choke after the alternator has run for a while.

And, as I think about it, the battery is the OE unit, now 4 years old, so it's probably due for a replacement anyway. I'll give that a try.

Happened 3 times to mine when it was about a year old.  No sound from anything - no radio, no turn signal 'click', nothing.  While the sound was out, I called the dealer, they got it in before I shut it off, were able to diagnosis it, and reloaded the radio software.  Haven't had it reoccur since.

EDIT

Found the link to my problem.

Edited by OldBlue61

• 1 year later...

RADIO/TURN SIGNALS/DOOR LOCKS:  I first had no radio sound. I used the reset steps and still nothing.  Then read a post that when the radio has no sound, that the turn signals don't either, sure enough - no turn signal sound, even though they were working on the exterior.  Another post said when this starts happening, it's the battery.   When I had the radio/turn signal issues, it would seem to resolve after leaving off for a period of time.  Drove for another 2 months, with the above issues happening intermittently.  Then the locks started acting wonky.  I could get all the doors to unlock, except the front passenger door.  Could not get lock to open from the inside, using key fob - nothing.  Again, this would happen intermittently.  Finally,  battery totally dead.  Was able to jump.  Thought maybe driving would recharge.  Then left it on a trickle charger over night.  Rough start the next AM,   It started - but I noticed a rotten egg smell.  Thought I drove through something, but it was following me :).  Got to the battery shop and they opened it and the battery was smoking and giving off the worst smell.  Battery guy said I burned out a core - or whatever.  New Interstate battery.  I should have taken the advice of the poster who said it was the battery!  But hard to spend $160 on a new Interstate battery on a truck with only 35K miles!  So far, so good:  no radio, turn signal or lock issues.