PUMP - The Movie

Will have to have a look at this, looks interesting.

As someone who works in oil and gas, Shell Canada to be exact, this side of things always intrigued me. As frontline workers we don't see the "bureaucratics" of the the goal of the company and the measures taken to obtain that goal, which is business like any other company. I'd like to think of our types of workers (in the field) as guys doing a service to provide energy to the world, but we do need to change what that energy is. Shell is in the spotlight big time with the proposed arctic drilling, something I don't really agree with. "If" fossil fuels are to continue as main source of energy we need to switch to natural gas, if fossil fuels are indeed wanting to be able to compete with electric (which inevitably will be the future of automobiles). Sooner than later someone will start charging for electric charge ups (Though Tesla claims free charging at supercharger stations), it's just the way business is.

People can point fingers all they want at the oil companies, but they'll continue to search as long as there is demand for the product. Eliminate demand, eliminate the product. I purchased my Sierra based on V8 FUEL EFFICIENCY and class leading power, if they built a viable natural gas or electric pickup that was less than the 60k-100k range and could go 500-1000 miles between fill and charge I would get it, as long as there was infrastructure in place like charging stations and fill up facilities. It isn't hard to see oil companies are in bed with some manufacturers.

It's not about pointing fingers.

I didn't take the alternative fuel sources so serious.

For me the next step in the car-evolution was the electric car.

But only because I was to ignorant to see Methanol, Ethanol and natural gas as really plausible and doable in the long run.

so long

j-ten-ner

• 2 weeks later...

"Addiction to oil"?

Nice propaganda film since our oil use is dropping. Go after China, India or any other devloping nation if you want to complain about oil use. But if you want to slam China you'll want to do it fast since that ship is bound to sink any day now. :lol:

If you have an opening line(in print) going after Standard Oil, you can bet any info contained within is with heavy bias. Bias & facts are not the same thing.

No disrespect j-ten-ner, just not going to watch.

No worries. I'm not offended at all.

As I stated before it's not about finger pointing.

The interesting part for me is about the alternative fuel sources.

Since I've got a LC9 in my truck I'm kinda eager to try E85. But in my area is no gas station with a E85 pump.

:)

so long

j-ten-ner

Thinking the cost to transport E85 out of the corn belt is what limited that?

Btw, am not against new technologies & energy sources. Just wish it could be done on the open market w/o gov regulations. Without special interest groups/lobbyists. Without bashing the generations before us who developed what we have today.

with everything powered since cave man, they had to see fire to be convinced.

there is hints for answers everywhere proving otherwise.

Electric is only on of them.

Ever notice the hot and cold side of air conditioning.

Doesn't need a gas station every day does it.

the funniest thing ever is EGR (exhaust gas recycle).

that's like cave man throwing the fire's own ashes on the fire....for the fire to fire fire. :)

my dads 2016 peterbilt jumped 3mpg over the old kenworth w900.

dpf, injection fluid.. computers that actually work. Wow.

The EGR stuff is all done.

that is 40000 dollars a year in fuel saved.

I am old school, like a lot of gm drivers. A v8 in the 20s mpg is a good one. I still have no complaints today.

Archived