Radio Presets..

What do you mean programmed by music type? Like put similar music style stations next to each other? I'm like you though I use the steering wheel buttons to change stations if I'm not streaming something through my iPhone. I hate the touchscreen on these trucks. If it weren't for the backup camera, I would have pulled this head unit out and put in an after market stereo system.

Exactly. I sat in my driveway and redid all my presets by Genre (Country, rock, etc.). Then I went thru all the other menus and "personalized" a few things. I don't want to fumble with stuff on the road.

Our Trailblazer had the RDS that displayed song. Some stations will show song on my GMC, but most do not. I do like using a jump-drive for music. If you didn't know, you can simply plug a jump drive in the USB in the upper glove box and the system will read the MP3 files.

Rewind is cool if you hear a favorite song and want to hear it again, or if you missed something on a news channel, then you can rewind a bit and catch it.

I'm a little bummed about my radio not showing the station name and current song. It only displays the station. I don't mean on the preset buttons but the actual top display.

Looked at this a little closer today...station name and song titles on FM when RDS is turned on in Radio menu; XM and HD showed the info regardless of whether RDS is turned on or not. And yes, not all FM stations show the info even when RDS is on. This is on a 2014 Silverado Bose Radio.

• 8 months later...

I have a question on presets.... Can anyone tell me how to set phone numbers and contacts in your presets/favorites. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71.

Also, when I get a phone call on hands free my radio/xm does not come back on when I disconnect the call.

On my 2014 with the 8inch screen...Assuming Phone is paired and connected, go to main menu and Select Phone...select Contacts...swipe up between Recent and Keypad to expose favorite key. Press favorite key and release. Above Contacts list it will say, "Select an item to store". Scroll down to Contact you want to store and tap on it. You should hear a beep.the phone number now shows up in your Favorites on the DIC screen as well.

Don't know about the other problem. There have been software updates making the radios different year to year. My radio does come back after receiving a call. And when I make an outgoing call, it stays on the last screen. In other words, if I use the Favorite list on the DIC when listening to the radio, then the 8" screen goes back to the radio, but DIC screen stays on Favorites.

Chuck, thank you so much for the info! I finally got a minute to try your suggestion. It is a trial of patience because getting the favorites bar up is so touchy on that screen. But I finally succeeded'!! Even managed to get some nav routes set in favorites :). Again, THANK YOU!

Chuck, thank you so much for the info! I finally got a minute to try your suggestion. It is a trial of patience because getting the favorites bar up is so touchy on that screen. But I finally succeeded'!! Even managed to get some nav routes set in favorites :). Again, THANK YOU!

You're welcome. It took me some time to figure it out too. OM is not very clear. Glad you got it and some Nav routes too. If you need more "lines", there is a setting in the radio settings to manage favorites where it lets you choose the number of lines. Glad I could help.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
16 hours ago, Fasu said:

Had to replace the battery in my 2015 Silverado this week.  Now I can only set 11 presets on the radio. How do I get the radio to UN-grey the other buttons?  Thanks in advance.  

Vehicle settings and programming something in to those.  If you have XM Channels programmed in, and your subscription is expired, they will remain greyed out until you renew your subscription or XM is doing FREE service.  Not sure how AM/FM presets work, but I imagine that they may work similarly, depending on what's in range.  All of mine are greyed out, with XM channels in them, I don't listen to AM/FM, mostly MP3s.

• Like 1