Strykers_Inc 2014 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L (Vader)

Strykers_Inc

Not quite sure what "Cilajet" is, but I put at least 10 coats on the grill and it is hard as a rock. I have 2 chips right now, and covered it up with touch up paint. Not noticeable at all. That's from people who cut over into your lane after passing without thinking about the "GDam'd 2-second rule"...they are lucky I have a little patience!

No, the exhaust is the GM Performance Borla Exhaust.

He is in Springfield, IL.....not Dallas.

http://www.cilajet.com pretty awesome stuff so far. And yes, I realized it was IL after I read the thread about the sound system build. Was your stock muffler the single pipe to begin with?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to hwy 77 :ughdance:

Yep flipping idiots! And its not like I don't always speed, so for someone to pass me they are doing at least 6 mph past the posted.....

http://www.cilajet.com pretty awesome stuff so far. And yes, I realized it was IL after I read the thread about the sound system build. Was your stock muffler the single pipe to begin with?

Will check out the cilajet when I get a chance. I still have a film kit for the front end, just trying to get around to installing it...lol

Yes The truck had stock exhaust. One of the very first things I changed out.

Will check out the cilajet when I get a chance. I still have a film kit for the front end, just trying to get around to installing it...lol

Yes The truck had stock exhaust. One of the very first things I changed out.

How's the drone inside of the truck. Im sure it has a nice purr to it. I planed on replacing mine, but a few friends were warning me about the drone. Just curious.

How's the drone inside of the truck. Im sure it has a nice purr to it. I planed on replacing mine, but a few friends were warning me about the drone. Just curious.

No drone.

This is the GMPP Borla exhaust specifically made for the GM trucks. It has the relief valve to eliminate the drone effect.

So Im somewhat new to trucks. I've seen the Borla exhaust on the accessories page for GM. I've also seen vids, as well as talked to a few buddies about magnaflow. Does the borla still give you that low Purr like the magnaflow's do?

.... I truly appreciate all of your insight and feedback.

So Im somewhat new to trucks. I've seen the Borla exhaust on the accessories page for GM. I've also seen vids, as well as talked to a few buddies about magnaflow. Does the borla still give you that low Purr like the magnaflow's do?

.... I truly appreciate all of your insight and feedback.

Yes, Its quite a mild sound until to get on it. And even at wide open its still not overly loud.

So here's my build thread. The truck was ordered in 14 February 2014 and Delivered 17 April 2014.

Mods Completed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Rhino Letaba 22x9.5 Wheels (Black-Lugs)

GMPP Bridgestone 285/45R22

GMPP Borla Exhaust (Black Chrome Tips)

Line-X

SnugTop SnugLid

GMC Bed Liner

AMP-Research Black BedXtender

WeatherTech Floormats Front&Rear

Headlights Blacked Out

Morimoto HID ELite System kit

Morimoto Halos

HighBeam/Foglight Mod

Color-Matched Handles & Trim

Custom Billet Pedals (PerformancePedals)

Carbon Fiber License Plate Security Frames (Front&Rear)

3m Carbon Fiber Wrapped Mirror Covers

3m Carbon Fiber Wrapped Running Boards

S&B Air Intake

BBT

Lower-TowHook Surround Painted

Denali Grill Painted

Tailgate GMC debadged

All emblems Black Chrome finished

Mods To Finish (Parts on Hand)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StopTech Drilled Rotors (Black-Powder-Coated)

Calipers Painted

Hellwig Front Swaybar

Hellwig Rear Swaybar

3M Carbon Fiber Wrap Interior Panels

EGR Cab Spoiler (ColorMatched-Painted)

Black Chrome Black Rhino Centercaps

Black Chrome Hitch Cover

Future Mods

Custom Subwoofer / AmpRack Enclosure

man that looks MEAN...I love the perfection and detail you put into it. You said you used 3m carbon fiber? is it a kit? can ypu send me a link?

man that looks MEAN...I love the perfection and detail you put into it. You said you used 3m carbon fiber? is it a kit? can ypu send me a link?

I think i found it...3M Carbon Fiber Wrap...But how do you perfect the contours and curves to make it look so good instead of a good ol boy gararge patch job.

Nevermind. I found a YouTube video. Looks easier than I thought.

It looks easier than it really is, but with a little practice you'll get the hand of it. Make sure and get the right tools and chemicals. Go cheap and that's what you'll get in return. Goes with the adage "Garbage in Garbage out".

Just remember the larger the object the more time you need to take on it. Do not rush it.

I will do a little more research but I didn't see any chemicals involved with the 3M 1080. Isn't the 3m 1080 what you used?

I still have a 6x8 foot sheet at least of black carbon. Most will go to a project I am working on, and the rest will be on standby for repairs if needed.

Chemicals/tools I use are listed below. Now there are some that will say you don't need them, but hey, if the manufacturer recommends something, it's wise to at least try and follow the instructions/advice.

Rapid Prep

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-Cleaner-Graphics-Decals-Stripes-Sprayer/dp/B006RUH9I8/ref=pd_sim_121_14?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Y4QR3NFPM6DS29JWJ3C

3M Primer 94

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Primer-94-Vinyl-Di-Noc/dp/B005LDG7HQ/ref=pd_sim_121_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0934PQVVCAT2FN2MKSXF

3M Edge Sealer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LDH83S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_9&smid=A23ADOZFIJNPFB

Knife less cutting tape

http://www.amazon.com/Knifeless-Finish-Line-Cutting-Stripes/dp/B007XY5K6K/ref=pd_sim_263_12?ie=UTF8&refRID=1CKZEDY27F5GSW9J6WP

Archived