issue with AC threw the vents

Ok i just changed that blend door motor and the problem is still there. not blowing threw front vents, one thing i just noticed is on the climate control dial it will only "click" in the center, any other position there is not "click"

Any one have any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks

I had the same problem with Heat or Cold not coming through the front vents. Turned out it was the door connected to the motor you just replaced. The door had partially fallen out of place. I was able to remove the bottom heater plastic air flow directional piece (this is the piece that sits in the middle seating position right above the center "hump") and reach up just enough to put the door back in place. It was a mild PITA to get my arm up in there and stick the door back in place. A few rubber chunks fell out from the door degrading over the last 17+ years....

Especially with the fan on med - high and high I could hear an obstruction blocking some airflow and I would only get heat or cold air through the defrost or lower vent and defrost. Nothing through vents at driver and passenger position.

Anyway now everything works as it should but it is SLOW to change positions, especially to driver and passenger vent position. It changes to defrost or heat quick, but to change back to the drive and passenger vent (far left on knob), it can seriously take 10 minutes.

I thought about replacing motor but it seems like mine moves fine, but the actual air changing position takes FOREVER.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...