2015 Silverado Crew Z71- Fuel Issues

I have had my truck at the dealership for over a week now. I received a call and message from my advisor saying they found some issues while test driving it but they were going to test drive it some more today because the technician "ran out of gas" in my truck yesterday. It upset me quite a bit especially that on the message my advisor giggle while saying they ran out of gas in my truck. Should I be as pissed as I feel for this? I am going to talk to the manager in person tomorrow but I would like to find some documented proof on how bad it is on the fuel system to run out of gas. Thanks,

Kevin

I don't think there are any issues from running out of gas, it's an issue for diesels. continually running around with the tank almost empty will cause the fuel pump to run hotter and eventually something might happen but you are fine. especially on a new truck that doesn't have any sediment in the bottom of the tank yet. sounds like the tech ignored the warning light and just didn't get done what he needed to today because of it.

so what are these other issues?

I wouldn't be concerned about running out of fuel, no damage occurred I can assure you that.

This

If you are dropping your vehicle off for something that requires a test drive, make sure they have atleast a 1/4 tank. They may have to drive it for a little while for what ever maybe the issue and/or let it idle in the shop for a period of time as well. Fuel is your requirement not theirs.

This

If you are dropping your vehicle off for something that requires a test drive, make sure they have atleast a 1/4 tank. They may have to drive it for a little while for what ever maybe the issue and/or let it idle in the shop for a period of time as well. Fuel is your requirement not theirs.

I agree he should drop the truck off with at least a 1/4 tank or more if a test drive is needed but it should have been on the tech to recognize that the fuel was low. You have to be an idiot to not notices the alerts these days. The dealership needs to put gas in it if they run it that low and continue their test drives, particularly when they drive for 100's of miles in some cases.

That being said, running out of fuel won't hurt your truck op, don't overreact to this.

Archived