Sunroof Noise / Wind Deflector Recommendation?

I've searched here, and only found this one thread (http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/173591-sunroof-deflector-options/?hl=sunroof), but it offers no real help.

Wondering if anyone has found a solution the the Ridiculous amount of noise the sunroof makes at freeway speeds? I checked out AutoAnything.com, and there are a few options, but no mention of Silverado owners in the comments section.

Hopefully someone here has discovered a wind deflector that works to cut down the wind noise. Thanks - Rick

I have noticed that the sunroof in my Silverado crew is noisier than the one I had in my 2001 Frrd Crew.

My old truck had a hard deflector where this truck has the screen material.

Not sure how to address it, but I do know I don't want to add a permanent bump to the roof if that is the only answer.

I will just turn up the stereo and drown it out if that is the only option.

I got the AVS 77003. Picked it up at O'Riley's for $40. It just sticks on with the included 3M tape.

You will have to modify the corner to make clearance for the shark fin antennea. I used a dremel with a sanding drum. Took less than 5 minutes.

Cleaned the surface well with rubbing alcohol and stuck it on. It's the perfect size. The stock wind deflector pops up, but doesn't hit the deflector at all.

The difference is amazing. You can now carry on a conversation on the highway with the roof open. I use the sunroof all the time, so this was a necessity.

Here are a couple pics:

AVS1

Here is the area I ground away for the antenna:

AVS2

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, pictures and the direct link to the wind deflector you got. I really appreciate it!! Gonna go grab one @ O'Reilly later this week. Cheers - Rick

Thanks for the info, pictures and the direct link to the wind deflector you got. I really appreciate it!! Gonna go grab one @ O'Reilly later this week. Cheers - Rick

Glad I could help! Double-check the measurements before you open the package. I don't have the package any more and I'm going off memory on the exact part number. I think the sunroof opening is exactly 36", so the 36.5" deflector was the perfect fit.

One other thing I thought of. The deflector I got had been sitting on some other items and was a little warped. I put it in the hot sun to let it flatten out a bit before I installed it. It's better to get it pretty hot before installing it so it will conform better to the roof, since it's a universal fit. The 3M tape holds like crazy though.

Post a pic after the install. Love those white diamond trucks!

Glad I could help! Double-check the measurements before you open the package. I don't have the package any more and I'm going off memory on the exact part number. I think the sunroof opening is exactly 36", so the 36.5" deflector was the perfect fit.

One other thing I thought of. The deflector I got had been sitting on some other items and was a little warped. I put it in the hot sun to let it flatten out a bit before I installed it. It's better to get it pretty hot before installing it so it will conform better to the roof, since it's a universal fit. The 3M tape holds like crazy though.

Post a pic after the install. Love those white diamond trucks!

It's been raining like crazy here in Northern California, which we need DESPERATELY, so no complaints!!!! Looks like we're going to get a little break tomorrow and Thursday though, and if it happens I'll head to O'Reilly to check this deflector out.

I've also got a height consideration where I live, to get into the covered parking area. I'll report back after doing some research. Cheers - Rick

• 3 years later...