Spring Clamps Reduce Rear Vibration

heres a tip...

find a flat road get a glass of water in the cup holder, get up to speed where vibration begin.

watch and see what direction the water is sloshed in the glass. Odds are if it shakes left and right , the converter is out of balance.  

I have no idea what would cause a forward and aft shake as the driveline over the center consol runs north and south along the centerline of the truck.

odds are if tires are out of balance  you wont feel any of this due to the dampening and suspention travel , you will notice heavy wear on the tires, but wont feel wheel vibes 

• 1 year later...

Hi all, waking up this thread as I have the shake, more like horrible wobble in the back of the truck. Vibration leads all the way to the middle seat up front.  Starts at 65mph with 20s & 305/55/20 and 74 with 18s and 275/70/18.

Anyhow. I purchased This helper leaf kit  for the clamps and to see if the leaf helps or not. I am having larger plates for the u bolts made to help spread the clamping force a bit more. 

If this works I will purchase two of these Deaver leaf springs. and be done with this wobble...

What not really shocking, but odd no one mentioned is gm never changed the leaf springs since 1999. That has to be my issue. I hope...